Added a front camera to my LS4140 Cab

/ Added a front camera to my LS4140 Cab #1  

shooterdon

Elite Member
Near Johannesburg MI but in the middle of nowhere
Tractor
2019 LS XR4140 HST Cab; 2020 Kawasaki Mule SX; 2021 Bad Boy 54" ZT Elite
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0719R2G9G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I had originally purchased this to mount on my JD855 to aid in using a rear blower. Never installed it as I upgraded to the LS this year, so it was just sitting there.

I find it difficult to use the SSQA, pallet forks, grapple and tree/post puller due to lack of visibility so I decided to mount the camera on the front of the tractor. The install was a bit frustrating as the instructions are written in Chinglish but after four hours I had it wired up correctly.

I did not want to drill holes to mount the monitor so I used a bungee cord to hold the camera on the dash behind the front WW motor module. It is a great location as it does not interfere with visibility and is easy to take a quick look down when I need it.

For the camera, I made the mount easily moveable by using neodymium magnets to hold bolts added to the license plate holder of the camera. This allows me to reposition the camera to the attachment or FEL frame wherever I need it for each application.

It has made operation much easier and is well worth the $70 and time to install IMHO.

/ Added a front camera to my LS4140 Cab #2  
Don't see the point on a front mounted camera at all (you do have eyes to see with) but rear mounted and side mounted certainly. I have 3. One looking back, one to each side, all switchable and all on one screen in the cab. Makes it handy to watch hay tools in the field without turning to either side or looking back.

/ Added a front camera to my LS4140 Cab #3  
So you can see things like this when using the front loader or forks. IMG_1161.JPGIMG_1160.JPG

/ Added a front camera to my LS4140 Cab #4  
How did you power the camera?

/ Added a front camera to my LS4140 Cab #6  
Lighter plug. It has a switch so I can turn it off when not required

So even though it's a wireless camera you still had to run a power wire from the camera to the tractor operating station.

/ Added a front camera to my LS4140 Cab #7  
   / Added a front camera to my LS4140 Cab #8  
Don't see the point on a front mounted camera at all (you do have eyes to see with) but rear mounted and side mounted certainly. I have 3. One looking back, one to each side, all switchable and all on one screen in the cab. Makes it handy to watch hay tools in the field without turning to either side or looking back.

Here’s another reason. On my xr4140 the quick attach and loader arms are almost perfectly aligned making it a challenge to line up properly, especially seated.

/ Added a front camera to my LS4140 Cab
So even though it's a wireless camera you still had to run a power wire from the camera to the tractor operating station.

I could have powered the camera from a front light (but then I need the lights on all the time) or directly from the battery but it was not a big deal to run the wires the few feet to cab. It took about 15 minutes to route them along the FEL/Third function lines.

Also, I had heard that the wireless cameras can sometimes be iffy. I never tried mine as a wireless.

/ Added a front camera to my LS4140 Cab #10  
SWEET. On my list of to-do things. My thoughts are to use a small battery to power a wireless camera, mounted with a couple hd magnets. then one could use it wherever is needed. A small lanyard would keep it from harm.