Added Additional Hydraulic Circuits on PT1850

/ Added Additional Hydraulic Circuits on PT1850 #1  

SpringHollow

Elite Member
Tractor
Power Trac 1850, NH 2120
I have been wanting to do this for a very long time and finally got around to doing it this summer when I had a minute here and there. Finished it a few days ago and it works well. Now I can use the auxiliary lever to control the quick attach system and the joystick to control lift and tilt or two auxiliary PTO circuits.

Below is a link to my page detailing the modification.

Ken

Solenoid Valves - Added Hydraulic Circuits

Attachments

• Solenoid Valve-4074.jpg
    Solenoid Valve-4074.jpg
    376.5 KB · Views: 390
   / Added Additional Hydraulic Circuits on PT1850 #3  
Nice job! If I would have done it, I might have used a queue ball though, since I'm mostly bald! :laughing:

/ Added Additional Hydraulic Circuits on PT1850
The 8-ball is wishful thinking of about 10 years ago!

Here's a picture showing how cluttered the front is with hydraulic hoses.

Ken

Attachments

• Front View - 4033.jpg
    Front View - 4033.jpg
    428.4 KB · Views: 189
   / Added Additional Hydraulic Circuits on PT1850 #6  
As always, very nicely done.

This said, I am thinking about your plan. You used 2 solenoids? Also, I am thinking of running some sort of plate up front. I keep getting sticks up in those hoses and one of these days that will end baddly.

The bent front lip of the plate is to assist in mounting a protection plate when i get to it.

Two valves: Each valve has and input supply/return (two connections) and an unpowered output supply/return (two connections) and a powered output supply/return (two connections). I needed to be able to control 2 different operations besides lift and tilt. For example, the V-plow has two independent cylinders. If I just wanted to Tee off of a supply (use power beyond) and have a separate control lever, I could have used just one selector valve. Each of the two output supply/returns would control a new cylinder. However, I wanted to use the existing joystick so one set of outputs would have to be an existing cylinder. Thant means each valve would only add one new cylinder. Hence the need for two valves. It is quite nice not to have another joystick and be able to quickly manipulate various things.

Ken

/ Added Additional Hydraulic Circuits on PT1850 #9  
I've seen several multi-function stacking solenoid valves over the years while fantasizing about all the things I could do with extra outputs. Someone makes a 5 or 6 button joystick handle to control up to 5 or 6 functions from the same stick. I could see how a V plow could take up 2 functions right away. One for left-right and the other for V or not to V.

/ Added Additional Hydraulic Circuits on PT1850 #10  
Ken,

That looks like a really nice implementation. Just curious, what are the brand/type of flat face fittings that you are using? Also what are you using the alternate PTO for?

All the best,

Peter