Adding a fuse to a Kubota fuse block or other options?

/ Adding a fuse to a Kubota fuse block or other options? #31  
Juiced06GTO: I really like your fuse panel. Any issues with heat with the fuse panel being in the "engine compartment"?
I'm adding LED work lights (front & rear) and 3rd function valves on my Kubota L3400
I see this is an old thread, but good info
Thanks, David

/ Adding a fuse to a Kubota fuse block or other options? #32  
For years tractors had fuses along side the engine.
Modern cars have the large fuses in the engine compartment.
In short, no problem

Dave M7040

/ Adding a fuse to a Kubota fuse block or other options?
For years tractors had fuses along side the engine.
Modern cars have the large fuses in the engine compartment.
In short, no problem

Dave M7040
There are OEM fuses in my Grand an inch or 2 in front of the radiator. Generally anywhere you can put your hand without burning it will be fine for a fuse. That includes most engine compartments where things arent touching the block or exhaust.

I'm sure fuses blow earlier in a hot engine compartment that compared to a "cold" cab. But it's likely less than a 10% amp difference or so. Hotter means it would blow sooner & protect earlier. If you are within that 10% or whatever already, you already have a problem pulling to much juice.

/ Adding a fuse to a Kubota fuse block or other options? #34  
I have had no issues at all and running like that for two plus years. The only issue i had was catching my light bracket on a tree causing it to bend a little bit. No other issues though.

/ Adding a fuse to a Kubota fuse block or other options? #35  
My fuse panel could easily be hooked to a relay to make the entire thing switched. I just didnt see the need, but it installs nice and clean and is weather resistant.View attachment 500438

That looks like the exact same fuse panel I used! Here's a few pics of the install:

Slide21.JPGvlcsnap-00113.jpgSlide65.JPGSlide71.JPGSlide66.JPG

I have a video that shows the details of the installation with a link to a materials list:

This setup has really worked well for me.

/ Adding a fuse to a Kubota fuse block or other options? #36  
This is what I used in my pickup, just pull the fuse and slide it on and put fuse back in, they make them for the glass fuse also.
8F91036B-55FE-4702-BE64-66047977C9B1.png

/ Adding a fuse to a Kubota fuse block or other options? #37  
I realize this is an older thread but thought I would weigh in on what I found. I added two additional fuses to my BX2680 factory fuse box. The box has three empty slots, no connectors, no power. I purchased several different types of connectors before I found one that would work like the factory fuse terminals. Since Kubota likes to use soldered butt splices I didn't feel bad adding another soldered splice from the power wire coming off of the lights fuse. I have noticed that ebay links sometimes die so I will also add the description below. Also if anyone is interested I can sell you some connectors since I had to buy 25 of them to be able to use 4 to hook up my ROPS lights.

Last edited: