Adding D Rings to Trailer

/ Adding D Rings to Trailer #11  
This is why I wouldn't want a powder coated trailer. I know I would modify it in some way before long and I would be a lot more confident with touched up paint. I much prefer weld on rings but in your case, bolt on may be the best idea.

/ Adding D Rings to Trailer
So back to my original question, suggestions on the best bolt on no rust D rings and hardware? I see some rings at etrailer.com and can separately order the hardware, but looking for the one stop shop if possible. 11 highest quality bolt on rust free D rings and hardware, Thanks!

/ Adding D Rings to Trailer #13  
The purpose of powder coat paint is to reduce the cost of manufacturing by applying the paint electrostatically (thus reducing overspray and waste in paint) then running it thru an oven to fuse it all together. If the steel is prepared properly it can be a good coating, if not, the paint can peel off in sheets. As in all painting, the preperation is key.

/ Adding D Rings to Trailer #14  
LOL, Not sure about your trailers, but the power coating on my other trailer, a 14k lb Sure Trac dump trailer looks almost new after 7 years.

My 24' Load Trail is also 7 years old now and the powder coat is still excellent - no problems. Proper prep before spraying I guess. Also, I use stake pocket D-rings - I don't think I'd want a trailer without stake pockets and rub rail.

/ Adding D Rings to Trailer #15  
Just out of curiosity, where would you install D-rings.

With mesh sides and the d-rings on the outside perimeter, how could they be used effectively? If on the inside you would not bolt them to the outside rails anyway. I think I would just bolt them on as suggested.

I have a 2012 28; GN powdered and have nada problems with paint.

/ Adding D Rings to Trailer #16  
Just out of curiosity, where would you install D-rings.

With mesh sides and the d-rings on the outside perimeter, how could they be used effectively? If on the inside you would not bolt them to the outside rails anyway. I think I would just bolt them on as suggested.

I have a 2012 28; GN powdered and have nada problems with paint.

My landscape trailer has about 1 foot sides. I have welded D-Rings on the frame but I can't really use their capacity because the straps/chains go over the sides. I installed bolt thru recessed rings on the floor that I use to hold down the tractor or other heavy loads.

For the original poster, maybe this is the best solution. Mine are drilled through the cross members and supposedly have 6,000 lb capacity. After installation, you can just cover the underside area with sealant.

/ Adding D Rings to Trailer #17  
I agree with the powder coat issue. My Rice began peeling about 3 years after I got it. Fixing that is a nightmare. Wish it was just painted.

My D Rings are welded to the sides of my trailer. So far those have done very well. I also used some off the shelf roll-on bed liner on the interior side walls, that has held up very well.

DSC_0173[1].jpgDSC_0172[1].jpg

OP here, I told the dealer that I would take the trailer at a discounted price and install my own bolt on zinc chromate hooks (11), he agreed. On both sides and the front of the trailer, the frame sticks up about 4" above the wood deck so I will have solid anchoring points. After drilling, I'll 2x etch primer the holes, and when dry, I'll pack the holes with black silicone before installing the washers and hardware to prevent moisture intrusion. I'll post some pics next week when I get it home. thanks

/ Adding D Rings to Trailer #19  
will the dealer let you use it till the new one comes?

will the dealer let you use it till the new one comes?

For 5-6 months? That’s how long it took to get this special order trailer.