Adding Front FEL Grapple

/ Adding Front FEL Grapple #1  

FredH

Platinum Member
Tractor
N.H. TC-30
I have read many threads of people adding front grapples to their tractors and have marveled at the thought process some have used . The acronym for me is " KISS " . Keep it simple Stupid , " Stupid " meaning me . So anything I do , I try to plan ahead to use the least amount of brain cells required , as their are few anyway .:D

So with that in mind , rather than try to split FEL lines , add 12 volt valves , etc.... , why not go this route ?

Prince Hydraulic Control Valve — 8 GPM, 3-Spool, Model# MB31BBB5C1 | Control Valves | Northern Tool + Equipment

Or the bigger one like this :

Prince 3 Spool Control Valve, Model# HC-V-R21 | Control Valves | Northern Tool + Equipment

This would be to add a front FEL grapple to a TC30 / 7308 loader .

Sure it is not the same single joystick control , but I grew up on 8N's , 9N's and various MF tractors with loaders that had 2 stick controls , so this would be no big deal operating . Tractor is not under warranty , so what I do now is my business . Was also considering something along a 2 spool design for adding remotes at the back , rather than the NH remotes that are insanely priced . Figured I could plum into the Power Beyond , but me and thinking are usually bad together .

Currently my 757 backhoe gets hooked up with 1 line under the back of the seat and second longer line is feed under tractor up to right side were a line is then disconnected from tractor and the backhoe is connected to that line leaving the plug on tractor blank . I can only guess which is the return line to tank , but I am relying on smarter people here to guide me in that department .

I mean its like this , I will sit on my tractor for an hour trying to figure out how to do something with the tractor that I could of done by hand in 5 minutes , but whats the point .:thumbsup:

Take Care all .

Fred H.

/ Adding Front FEL Grapple #2  
Those valves would work fine, most people (including myself) would NOT give up joystick control of the loader.

One other option, although is more expensive than the valves you posted is the Prince SV series "stack" valves...You can build a three spool valve and get joystick control on two spools.

/ Adding Front FEL Grapple #3  
The best KISS solution for controling a grapple is to use the rear remotes. If you don't already have rear remotes then installation of a pair is not much more complex than installing an extra valve like you are proposing. Benefit is that you have both a KISS solution for the grapple and have also gained a set of rear remotes you can use for a topping lift or to run/control other implements.