adding hydraulic remote to a Ford 3930

/ adding hydraulic remote to a Ford 3930 #1  

geneP

Platinum Member
Tractor
Case-International 385, Kubota L5450 w/LA1150A loader
I don't know if this should go in this section or in hydraulics, but would like to know what is involved in adding a hydraulic remote to a '93 model 3930. I'm handy with a wrench and if it can be a bolt on operation I can probably handle it. Approximate cost of parts and a source would be great if available.

Thanks, Gene

/ adding hydraulic remote to a Ford 3930 #2  
You need to determine if your tractor is open center or closed center.

The closed center hyd system was optional.

/ adding hydraulic remote to a Ford 3930
I'm thinking about buying a 3930. I talked to the owner, it already has remotes and has the 8x8 transmission. I'm asking a few more questions to the owner before a relatively long drive to look at it. The type hydraulic system will be one of them.

Thanks for the heads-up on the different types. I'm thinking the open center will be less troublesome?

/ adding hydraulic remote to a Ford 3930 #4  
3930 has open center hydraulics. It is good that it has them already because they are expensive to install.
Gary

/ adding hydraulic remote to a Ford 3930 #5  
I don't know if this should go in this section or in hydraulics, but would like to know what is involved in adding a hydraulic remote to a '93 model 3930. I'm handy with a wrench and if it can be a bolt on operation I can probably handle it. Approximate cost of parts and a source would be great if available.

Thanks, Gene

how do you know if you have open or closed center hydraulics

/ adding hydraulic remote to a Ford 3930 #6  
Easiest way to tell by looking at a 3930 is the remote lever comes from the valve mounted on the center of the rear axle under the seat for an open center setup. The hose hookup is side-by-side.
On the closed center, the lever travels back to the remote manifold itself located behind the seat. The hose hookup top and bottom.

/ adding hydraulic remote to a Ford 3930 #7  
3930 has open center hydraulics. It is good that it has them already because they are expensive to install.
Gary

A 3930 can have open or closed center remote valves. In this area, most are closed center. In the South, open center may be more common.