Adding rear remotes and/or 3rd function

/ Adding rear remotes and/or 3rd function #1  

Appalachia

Tractor
Kubota L3200
Howdy,

First time post here. I recently bought a used kubota l3200 with a front end loader and low-ish hours.

I want to add some hydraulics to it. I want to be able to run a four in one bucket and a post driver for now.

What is the most economical way to accomplish this? Add a two part (spool?) kit and run one to the back and one to the front? I realize this would make the four in one bucket operate off of a lever and not a button on the joystick but I知 ok with that.

Is there a you tube video that goes step by step on adding hydraulics in a similar tractor to mine? I知 very familiar with using and servicing tractors (including replacing hydraulic hoses) but have never altered a hydraulic system.

Thanks so much.

/ Adding rear remotes and/or 3rd function #2  
What is the most economical way to accomplish this?...

A single spool PB capable valve plumbed into the loader valve with a single set of remotes up front...switch between the post driver and the 4 in one bucket...

/ Adding rear remotes and/or 3rd function
A single spool PB capable valve plumbed into the loader valve with a single set of remotes up front...switch between the post driver and the 4 in one bucket...

Thanks /pine.

I should have mentioned that the post driver is a 3 point hitch model.

Is there a kit available at a better price than the land pride or wr long kits?

/ Adding rear remotes and/or 3rd function #4  
Thanks /pine.

I should have mentioned that the post driver is a 3 point hitch model.

Is there a kit available at a better price than the land pride or wr long kits?

Just something to think about especially if your loader has a ssqa bucket, if you get an adapter plate to mount three point implements to we find the post driver much easier to use mounted to a loader rather then a 3 point especially if your fence isn't in a level cleared location.

/ Adding rear remotes and/or 3rd function
Just something to think about especially if your loader has a ssqa bucket, if you get an adapter plate to mount three point implements to we find the post driver much easier to use mounted to a loader rather then a 3 point especially if your fence isn't in a level cleared location.

The tractor does have ssqa.
I致e never used a hydraulic post driver. Does this implement put a lot of force on what痴 holding it? I was thinking the three point hitch would be sturdier? It痴 a relatively light duty tractor. At least compared to what I am accustomed to at work.
Also, the descriptions for the third function valves all say 渡ot for continuous use or something along those lines. So obviously a front mounted rotary cutter is too much for it, and a grapple etc is fine... I知 assuming the hydraulic driver is somewhere in the middle of those and is ok to not overwork that valve?

/ Adding rear remotes and/or 3rd function #6  
Here's the rear remote layout on my 2008 Mahindra 5525. Three remotes get high pressure from the power beyond port on the FEL valve. The low pressure return from the remotes valve cluster is teed into the low pressure line from the FEL valve.

Remotes 5525-1.JPGRemotes 5525-2.JPG

The remotes are a dealer design that were part of the original purchase. Remotes cost $750.

Good luck

/ Adding rear remotes and/or 3rd function #7  
I don't know about all the available drivers, ours doesn't require a lot of hydraulics, the hydraulics extend the cylinder then when tripped the springs and weight drive the pounder downward, we have several suitcase weights hung on the drivers framework which was designed for that purpose with the weights there is very little force applied to the tractor or loader, as far as the duty cycle of a third function or electrical diverter valve I would expect that the operating solenoids duty cycle is the limiting factor. we have lines run up the loaders from the rear remotes so the duty cycle is not limited by that, it does require a minor amount of hand movement for grapples and such, a post driver we activate the remote and leave it in detent or if it doesn't have a detent bungee cord the handle.
If driving a lot of post continuously you would potentially have the electrically operated valve energized for a considerable time.

Last edited: