Adding tilt cylinder to 3 pt

/ Adding tilt cylinder to 3 pt #12  
One of the previous owners of my MF 3165 did this. At first I thought I would eliminate the system because it was pretty beat & rusty, but after on day of using it, I spent some money, replaced both rams with new ones, & relocated the control valves onto the right fender (they were located on a plate in front of the seat that made it awkward to use the valve & impossible to use 3rd gear). The person that set it up put the hand crank arm on the left side which is nice to have...

Attachments

• P1010016.JPG
    P1010016.JPG
    886.5 KB · Views: 322
   / Adding tilt cylinder to 3 pt #13  
I do not know Farmer--It seems to me that the valve location would be a whole lot less inconvenient than having to stand or certainly less uncomfortable than sitting on the metal seat brackets according to your pic!! :D:D

Mike

/ Adding tilt cylinder to 3 pt #14  
I do not know Farmer--It seems to me that the valve location would be a whole lot less inconvenient than having to stand or certainly less uncomfortable than sitting on the metal seat brackets according to your pic!! :D:D

Mike

I had the seat off while fixing the control valve. :D
The way the guy had it set up, you had to have the seat folded back to work the controls.

/ Adding tilt cylinder to 3 pt #15  
That is what I figured, but the pic struck me funny!:cool:

Mike

/ Adding tilt cylinder to 3 pt #16  
In the spirit of giving you a hard time. . .that industrial tire on the left and ag tire on the right gives you best of both worlds doesn't it?;):D

/ Adding tilt cylinder to 3 pt #17  
In the spirit of giving you a hard time. . .that industrial tire on the left and ag tire on the right gives you best of both worlds doesn't it?;):D
I think Farmer John needs to participate in R1 vs R4 debates. :D

/ Adding tilt cylinder to 3 pt #19  
:D LOL!

When I get the $$ I'm going to replace the industrial tire. It kinda sucks in the dirt we have in the Santa Cruz Mountains. For what I paid for the tractor I'm just happy they hold air ;)

/ Adding tilt cylinder to 3 pt #20  
Builder, if you want to make it yourself, get either a 2 1/2" or 3" cylinder with a 6" stroke. (I would use a 2 1/2" for your Challenger) Take your stationary side link and use the factory ends off of it. Put your adjustable link on the left side and after installing the hydraulic side link on the right, adjust the left side so that both links are level with the hydraulic link extended 3". You are now set and have equal tilt left and right.

Oh, get either a 3rd control valve, or at least a diverter valve, you won't be sorry. I would have figured that you would have had "TnT" already. ;)