Ads

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Ads
I use Chrome and I've also got Firefox installed for problems I've had with another site. I've got AdBlock and UBlock installed, I don't see any ads at all not just on this site, any site. Pages load fast and typing replies is instantaneous.

/ Ads #22  
Quite frankly, this is the most irritating site (functionality wise) I have ever participated in. Adds will cause enormous pauses in page displays, and when I type in messages, there will be huge pauses between my typing and having the letters show up in the screen. On top of that often I will come to the site and my browser (FireFox) will spin it's wheels waiting to load the site page. Sometimes that goes on for too long and I just go somewhere else. Not very conducive to participation by the membership. And yes, I am logged in at all times.

I know about ads helping paying the bills. I run a few forum sites myself. But in my personal opinion whoever runs this place went WAY overboard with with the ads, or running on a server host what is WAY too underpowered to run the scripts.

IMHO.

Sheesh, I went to use another browser to see if it was browser related. I was not logged in then. Are you kidding me? Had I seen that mess before I registered, I would have never bothered. Matter of fact, I think I will look around to see if I can find an alternative tractor related message board site to use. This is pretty ridiculous.

And FYI, I DO go to a lot of other sites, but this problem is unique to this one.
Firefox and ad blocker here and very few issues, have fun

/ Ads #23  
One has to wonder what kind of forum administrator Rich is to be having such issues…..

/ Ads #25  
What device are you using? Can you post a screen shot of a typical page so I can see if the ads you're experiencing are correct?
I use both a desktop PC and a laptop. The issue is intermittent. Like right now it is working flawlessly. Seems to be mostly towards evenings when it shows up. Are you running CRON jobs for backups and internal server cleanup during the later part of the day?

/ Ads #26  
Weird…..I run Firefox and don’t have a issue at all…..

None on my iPhone either
I have a low bandwidth internet connection, so I have to run an ad blocker to view content in a timely manner.
I have no problems with this site either. Hardly ever see an ad. The only ad I typically see is at the top of the page.

/ Ads #27  
I have a low bandwidth internet connection, so I have to run an ad blocker to view content in a timely manner.
I have no problems with this site either. Hardly ever see an ad. The only ad I typically see is at the top of the page.
I tend to not use ad blockers because I understand that a lot of forum sites make their money off of the ads being displayed there. Some of them get payment based on simple views and not necessarily click through counts. So in a way I feel I am cheating the site of income by blocking such ads.

And there is always the chance that ads that are targeting the content I am looking at might just offer me something that I might be interested in buying. So if I am on a site that provides me value, I return the favor by clicking on any ads that I find interesting. That seems fair to me.

IMHO, of course.

/ Ads #28  
How many forum sites do YOU run to know what you are talking about?
I know enough to know that I am on the site, not having any problems, and the only person I know of having any problems is you and you are supposedly “The expert”

😎

/ Ads #29  
I use both a desktop PC and a laptop. The issue is intermittent. Like right now it is working flawlessly. Seems to be mostly towards evenings when it shows up. Are you running CRON jobs for backups and internal server cleanup during the later part of the day?
I'm mainly curious about whether the ads are the issue you're experiencing or something else. The ad layout for members is limited compared to what guests see. There should never be any delays in page loading speeds unless something is wrong.

/ Ads #30  
I tend to not use ad blockers because I understand that a lot of forum sites make their money off of the ads being displayed there. Some of them get payment based on simple views and not necessarily click through counts. So in a way I feel I am cheating the site of income by blocking such ads.

And there is always the chance that ads that are targeting the content I am looking at might just offer me something that I might be interested in buying. So if I am on a site that provides me value, I return the favor by clicking on any ads that I find interesting. That seems fair to me.

IMHO, of course.
When there is a chance of ads that target the content I look for, I just talk about it and joke to my wife that it will end up in an ad on another site. Or it shows up in my e-mail. Purely coincidence I'm sure. :unsure:

I do understand your concern in supporting the Tractorbynet site.

Status
Not open for further replies.