Advice for Removing Diesel Injector Pump on 'Ford' 1910 Compact Tractor

/ Advice for Removing Diesel Injector Pump on 'Ford' 1910 Compact Tractor #1  

fourbrads

Bronze Member
Tractor
Ford 1910
I am getting ready to remove the diesel injector pump on my 3-cyl Ford (Shibaura) 1910 tractor. The pump (diesel kiki) needs rebuilt and after that's done, I want to reinstall it with a minimum of timing and alignment issues.

Hoping for some general advice on how to accomplish this. Things to watch out for, etc.

Thanks in advance.

-Jim

Attachments

• IMG_9365.jpg
    IMG_9365.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 98
  • IMG_9415D.jpg
    IMG_9415D.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 100
  • IMG_9965D.jpg
    IMG_9965D.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 124
   / Advice for Removing Diesel Injector Pump on 'Ford' 1910 Compact Tractor #2  
Beg, borrow, rent, or make up an injector puller that will pull your particular type injector. Often some part of your puller tool will thread or clamp onto the injector while another part o the tool will then push down against the head to pull the injector out. Try to avoid slide hammers.... , but YMMV. Go slow. Use new washers when you torque them back in.
Wire them down if you are going to do a spray pattern check.

/ Advice for Removing Diesel Injector Pump on 'Ford' 1910 Compact Tractor #3  
“Pump” Scotty.,
I’ve never removed one..
I do know u have to go thru the front to release it from the drive gear..
But as far as timing goes, idk..sorry..

/ Advice for Removing Diesel Injector Pump on 'Ford' 1910 Compact Tractor
Was figuring on the spray paint trick and etching any end shafts. I'll turn the crank to line up the timing marks before I pull it too. Hopefully, these things are robust enough that I won't offend it too much in the process!

Guess I need to find a timing cover gasket too...

Thanks,

Jim

/ Advice for Removing Diesel Injector Pump on 'Ford' 1910 Compact Tractor #5  
“Pump” Scotty.,
I’ve never removed one..
I do know u have to go thru the front to release it from the drive gear..
But as far as timing goes, idk..sorry..
Yeah, thanks. I saw that about when I sent reply. Maybe that'll help teach me not to speed read and speed answer.
Ah, well. Maybe he will do both jobs.
rScotty

/ Advice for Removing Diesel Injector Pump on 'Ford' 1910 Compact Tractor #6  
Here's few pages from a manual regarding Ford 1910 injection pump.

It's not a dealer manual, rather something from online few years ago!

Sorry for the lousy text quality, it's a scanned copy of a print, which was probably scanned from original?
It is more or better legible if you zoom in in a monitor.

:sneaky:

Attachments

• Ford 1910 Injection Pump.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 101
Last edited:
   / Advice for Removing Diesel Injector Pump on 'Ford' 1910 Compact Tractor #7  
That looks pretty straight forward as far as lining up the S & T marks..
Do THAT and look for any marks on the mounting flange on the pump..
If none r found, make a punch mark on the flange and 1 on the block..
Don’t worry about the spill timing..

/ Advice for Removing Diesel Injector Pump on 'Ford' 1910 Compact Tractor #8  
Are you sure it's the injection pump? We have an older 1900, probably a 1980 model. Broke, disced, cultivated 40 acres with that rascal for years. Still cultivate with it. No pump issues. Funny about it, you have to use the glow plugs, even in July, if you want it to start. Been that way since day one.

/ Advice for Removing Diesel Injector Pump on 'Ford' 1910 Compact Tractor #9  
How often do you add oil to it.??

/ Advice for Removing Diesel Injector Pump on 'Ford' 1910 Compact Tractor
Here's few pages from a manual regarding Ford 1910 injection pump.

It's not a dealer manual, rather something from online few years ago!

Sorry for the lousy text quality, it's a scanned copy of a print, which was probably scanned from original?
It is more or better legible if you zoom in in a monitor.

:sneaky:
Thank you! That will be a helpful resource. Much appreciated.