Buying Advice Advice on 5065M or 5075M

/ Advice on 5065M or 5075M #1  

boydeere

Tractor
6320 jd 2510 jd 530 jd
Need second tractor to load manure, and rake and ted hay. Are these good used tractors?
Thanks.

/ Advice on 5065M or 5075M
Need second tractor to load manure, and rake and ted hay. Are these good used tractors?
Thanks.

Evidentially no one on here owns one of these!

/ Advice on 5065M or 5075M #3  
How big is your operation? A 5000 series might be just right for you but it would be just a guess for us. Around my area they usually use a heaver framed tractor. Some of the bigger guys use a 7000 series for a loader tractor.

/ Advice on 5065M or 5075M #4  
There are several 50xxM tractor owners on this site. Surprised you haven't received more response.

I haven't owned one but there are a LOT of them around me. I've not heard any complaints. Either will easily handle the chores you listed.

What are you going to have to pay for a used one??

How big is your operation? A 5000 series might be just right for you but it would be just a guess for us. Around my area they usually use a heaver framed tractor. Some of the bigger guys use a 7000 series for a loader tractor.

300 acres hay ground three times per year. Around 150 tons of poultry litter to load and around 300 tons of cattle manure to load/year

There are several 50xxM tractor owners on this site. Surprised you haven't received more response.

I haven't owned one but there are a LOT of them around me. I've not heard any complaints. Either will easily handle the chores you listed.

What are you going to have to pay for a used one??

Looks like around $30k if I can find a good used one

/ Advice on 5065M or 5075M #7  
300 acres hay ground three times per year. Around 150 tons of poultry litter to load and around 300 tons of cattle manure to load/year

A 5 series can handle that.

/ Advice on 5065M or 5075M #9  

I watched an older 5310 moving large round bales Sunday. It's considerably smaller/lighter than the current 5 series. He was carrying 2 at a time, one on the FEL, one on a rear stabber and easily loaded a GN tandem axle deckover trailer 2 bales high.

The JD guys must all be in the fields trying to put up hay today!!! I'm watching it rain all day in Missouri. :)

I watched an older 5310 moving large round bales Sunday. It's considerably smaller/lighter than the current 5 series. He was carrying 2 at a time, one on the FEL, one on a rear stabber and easily loaded a GN tandem axle deckover trailer 2 bales high.

The JD guys must all be in the fields trying to put up hay today!!! I'm watching it rain all day in Missouri. :)

That's one thing I like about the M series. They are heavier than the E series. Having used FEL's all my life, you need the weight when moving bales and loading wet heavy manure.