Buying Advice Advice on 5065M or 5075M

/ Advice on 5065M or 5075M #11  
That's one thing I like about the M series. They are heavier than the E series. Having used FEL's all my life, you need the weight when moving bales and loading wet heavy manure.

Yes. No flame intended. But I never even considered an E model when looking at JD. I really had my heart set on an M JD but the cost difference to my Kubota M was something I just couldn't deal with.

Beyond the weight, all the comfort and ease of use features separates them beyond compare.

Good luck with whatever you choose. Of course you gotta post pictures and let us know how it turns out. :)

/ Advice on 5065M or 5075M #12  
I have a 5520which is probably 85 hp. With two weights on each side of the rears and a front weight starter bracket (285 lbs) it handles anything I can lift. It has radials, so that adds some weight but I really like the tractor. My neighbor has a Kubota M7040 with a loader and it is light and bounces all around.

/ Advice on 5065M or 5075M #13  
I have a 2011 5085m. With 553 loader. It has been great. For your task the 5065 or 5075m will have no problem. No where could I find another brand of tractor from 60-80 hp power with the weight and also the comfort of these units. Good luck. I have heard the 5cylinder engine in these units are also a beast.

/ Advice on 5065M or 5075M #14  
I have a 5520which is probably 85 hp. With two weights on each side of the rears and a front weight starter bracket (285 lbs) it handles anything I can lift. It has radials, so that adds some weight but I really like the tractor. My neighbor has a Kubota M7040 with a loader and it is light and bounces all around.

Yep. JD tractors are considerably heavier than Kubotas in like HP ranges. For what I do, I like that. For what the OP is wanting to do he will appreciate the chassis weight.

I've got an older Ford 3910 FWD (47hp) tractor without FEL. I used it the other day to stack large round bales with a 3pt carrier and no front weights. It handled the job fine. No way a Kubota in that HP range would have. Chassis weight is your friend when doing almost any AG related task.

Popsie has the tractor I looked hard at before buying my Kubota. :)

/ Advice on 5065M or 5075M #15  
Yep. JD tractors are considerably heavier than Kubotas in like HP ranges. For what I do, I like that. For what the OP is wanting to do he will appreciate the chassis weight.

I've got an older Ford 3910 FWD (47hp) tractor without FEL. I used it the other day to stack large round bales with a 3pt carrier and no front weights. It handled the job fine. No way a Kubota in that HP range would have. Chassis weight is your friend when doing almost any AG related task.

Popsie has the tractor I looked hard at before buying my Kubota. :)

Is your Ford 3910 the one you did the front bush axle bushing on?

/ Advice on 5065M or 5075M #16  
   / Advice on 5065M or 5075M #17  
Yep. Worked out fine. No leaks. Miracle!!! :)

What a wonderful tractor and great job you did on it. I'd like to find one.

/ Advice on 5065M or 5075M #18  
What a wonderful tractor and great job you did on it. I'd like to find one.

It wasn't skill on my part, pure luck.

The more I use it, the more I realize it's value. It has features my 2011 Kubota doesn't have. It has a hand operated park brake that locks the front drive as well as the rear, regardless of whether it's in 4wd. It has a "fast" or "slow" setting for the hydraulics that also changes the speed of the 3pt. Additionally it has fast/slow settings on both rear hydraulic outlets. It's very well balanced. Very capable for it's size. Only drawback I've found is it doesn't turn as short as my Kubota.

Sorry to the OP for the Hijack.... :(

/ Advice on 5065M or 5075M
It wasn't skill on my part, pure luck.

The more I use it, the more I realize it's value. It has features my 2011 Kubota doesn't have. It has a hand operated park brake that locks the front drive as well as the rear, regardless of whether it's in 4wd. It has a "fast" or "slow" setting for the hydraulics that also changes the speed of the 3pt. Additionally it has fast/slow settings on both rear hydraulic outlets. It's very well balanced. Very capable for it's size. Only drawback I've found is it doesn't turn as short as my Kubota.

Sorry to the OP for the Hijack.... :(

No problem. Just glad someone responded.

/ Advice on 5065M or 5075M #20  
No problem. Just glad someone responded.

I'm disappointed as well. Usually a JD discussion blooms into something large. Everybody must be busy.

Let us know what you decide. And if you purchase, please post pictures. :)