Advice on building a tractor shed?

/ Advice on building a tractor shed? #51  
Well now that I have my new baby, I need to build a house for it. I'm thinking a pole style structure (but I cant find any poles, so I'll just use pressure treated posts. I'm also going to house my golf cart and riding mower in it as well. So I'm thinking 20 ft wide x 14 ft deep, using 9 poles (3 rows of 3). Shelves in the back for parts, oil, tools, etc..... Some kind of cover on the 3 side walls up to maybe 5-6 ft high....?

Can't decide yet whether to have a shed roof or gable....as I kinda have to place it, it will be facing more or less West and that is where the weather comes from (generally). But here in northern Arizona, we have not that much rain (15" yr) and it only snows a couple times a year, so I really just want to get these machines out of the direct weather and sun.

Thinking of running a couple of beams across at top plate level to hang/lift stuff from...?

All ideas welcome...I'm thinking you guys have done this before.... :)

Disclosure: I am a long time builder so don't need any construction advice (necessarily), just looking for tips and tricks
Every shed ever built was too small before it was finished!

/ Advice on building a tractor shed? #52  
You might want to check with Eagle Carports. I was going to build a carport several years ago and after pricing out the materials, it was cheaper to order the carport than build. They have lots of different design options, including pole barn type. Just make sure that you have them install with the optional earth anchors. In the relatively low elevation Chino Valley where you live you may not get much snow load, but wind can be an issue, so I would order/design with the higher load ratings in mind.
Just had one put up here in Western NC they used rebar 3ft long drive threw bottom rail. Is this what your referring to or is there something else out there ??

Attachments

• BC94C785-A98C-4EBC-A9E2-8D16A6D03350.jpeg
    BC94C785-A98C-4EBC-A9E2-8D16A6D03350.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 108
   / Advice on building a tractor shed? #53  
Just had one put up here in Western NC they used rebar 3ft long drive threw bottom rail. Is this what your referring to or is there something else out there ??
Yes they use the rebar. I also had them add the earth anchors. They are spiral anchors that thy drive into the ground with a special machine. At the time, they cost $15 each, no doubt more now. I had them put one at each corner.

/ Advice on building a tractor shed? #54  
Yes they use the rebar. I also had them add the earth anchors. They are spiral anchors that thy dive into the ground with a special machine. At the time, they cost $15 each, no doubt more now. I had them put one at each corner.
That makes sense thx for info 👍

/ Advice on building a tractor shed? #55  
In December I had a 20X24 shed installed to house my tractor and some attachments. With the price of lumber, and the challenge of digging posts where I live it was more cost effective to have an all metal structure built. All in less than 5K installed in three hours once it arrived.

View attachment 732619
What material in shed just put a 18x40 up looking at material for base.

/ Advice on building a tractor shed? #56  
I found a 20x20x10 carport for $3k. My materials to build it myself come to about $1200. So it looks like I'll be building one more time.....I would really rather just buy
Remember the steel tariffs? The prices went up and not back down.
Just had an 18x40 10 ft sides little over 8k 2 years ago may have been 6500 ? I’m in Western NC and did get 3 other quotes !!
9825229A-6B3A-4839-837E-DC02414DB356.jpeg

/ Advice on building a tractor shed? #57  
When i ordered my building i was told 16 weeks. Ended up being 20 weeks because of covid they said . But two guys put it up in 8 hrs, I sat in my lawn chair and for the first time in my 62 yrs watched someone else work. Very happy with the job.
Here in Western NC I ordered one last Tuesday was put up today was told 3-6 weeks was pleasantly surprised.

/ Advice on building a tractor shed? #58  
1. insulated concrete floors with proper slope for effective drainage
2. very well insulated walls and roof
3. low cost heat source
4. receptacles and air drops at each building column or along regular intervals
5. very good LED lighting with three way switches
6. pallet racks for implement storage
7. floor drains/catch basins at roll up doors
8. running water / toilet
9. ceiling fans for air movement
10. exhaust fan to remove welding/cutting smoke or engine exhaust or sweeping dust
11. eavestroughs and underground water drainage away from building
12. elevation and very good drainage slope away from building
13. insulated electric roll up doors with remotes
14. good interior height enough for a car/truck lift
15. hot water pressure washer
16. some way to know mud off tractor or easy way to clean floors after
17. sound proof vestibule for air compressor
18. non-slip oil resistant epoxy floor coating thats easy to clean
19. interior walls clad with steel resistant to flame/sparks from welding/cutting
20. double the floor space that you think you need
21. internet access in the barn
22. pool table/couch to sleep on when you are in the dog house
23. coin operated beer fridge for your when your neighbours come to drink all your beers

/ Advice on building a tractor shed? #60  
Here in Western NC I ordered one last Tuesday was put up today was told 3-6 weeks was pleasantly surprised.
Thats great, Who did you order from? THat is a long narrow building , Is it for a particular piece of equipment?