Advice on fencing type and installation

/ Advice on fencing type and installation
Just to make you feel better, about a year ago I got a real heavy post hold digger, anyway, with 10 inch auger, I tried to put some holes in a few spots, auger just spins as hits rock about 2 inch or so down, 8 in some places, so I added weight, and more weight, till I broke the digger frame, once, twice, and many more times, I think 8 inches was about the best.

I have re build the frame and added new teeth, but essentially, I have had to manually bar and dig, breaking rock or removing rock of various kind....the real hard kind, not shale or sandstone.

It makes me think of people fencing new land hundreds of years ago, with no machines, no AC, primitive tools and having to make posts from trees on own block :)
Agreed. Thought the same thing. That's what kids are for.

/ Advice on fencing type and installation #102  
they make rock cutting auger bits- it takes a while but it will go through the rock

I think the key may be hydraulic down pressure along with a machine of sufficient weight, I will be trying again soon, otherwise I will just hire something more suitable, I could probably get away with beefy Y posts and some bracing on ends as will keep stock of fence with electric. I can drive Y posts in in many places.

/ Advice on fencing type and installation
Finally finished the fence. Thought I would share some photos.

IMG_1493.jpgIMG_1502.jpgIMG_1503.jpgIMG_1504.jpgIMG_1539.JPEG

/ Advice on fencing type and installation #104  
Fence looks nice, but your pasture looks AMAZING!!!!!