Advice on tractor for 7.5 acres - Mowing pasture and general use - L3902? What flail mower?

/ Advice on tractor for 7.5 acres - Mowing pasture and general use - L3902? What flail mower? #41  
I was wondering why I was not able to move my
Woods brush hog BB60 it weights 728 lbs.
Guess I'm getting weak will have to eat some
the breakfast of champions WHEATIES
If you have boxes of wheaties you can get $$$$
1951 Wheaties Complete Box With Ted Williams ($2,500)
3 gillette blue blades $1.29
chocolate bars 1948 $0.05
Big hamburger, french fries and large mug root beer $1.25
gallon milk $0.69
used chewing tobacco no extra charge
If you had $2000 cash you could get a very nice
brand new car with cash in your pocket to go home with

willy

/ Advice on tractor for 7.5 acres - Mowing pasture and general use - L3902? What flail mower? #42  
Thought Kalifornia just passed legislation that says the only thing you can use to cut grass with was a pair of solar powered scissors??

/ Advice on tractor for 7.5 acres - Mowing pasture and general use - L3902? What flail mower? #43  
Only if the scissors have the mandatory printed warning that using them may expose you to cancer or reproductive harm.

/ Advice on tractor for 7.5 acres - Mowing pasture and general use - L3902? What flail mower? #44  
Only if the scissors have the mandatory printed warning that using them may expose you to cancer or reproductive harm.
You forgot to mention not to run with them.

/ Advice on tractor for 7.5 acres - Mowing pasture and general use - L3902? What flail mower? #45  

And they must be made in China! ;)

Mike

/ Advice on tractor for 7.5 acres - Mowing pasture and general use - L3902? What flail mower? #46  
I ran a 60" flail with my L2501 (2" wheel spacers but tires not loaded) and it did fine other than having to slow down a bit mowing thick stuff up hill. A 3302 would give you that extra power on hills, and maybe better than an L3902 in that it'll be running a little harder (good for DPF), and save you $2,500 over an L3902. Both are essentially the same tractors so same weight, lift capacity, width, etc. The 3302 puts out a little over 25hp to the pto which is about right for 60" mowers. I think anything bigger such as a 72" flail or rear mower might be a little heavy for that size tractor to handle on hills no matter how much power.

/ Advice on tractor for 7.5 acres - Mowing pasture and general use - L3902? What flail mower? #47  
I suspect your living on borrowed time with the Husqvarna gt52xls. I 'had' a Husqvarna GTH26V52LS that I used it to mow about 3 acres which included a 50' x 300' dam bank with a 25* bank. That mower cost me about $3500 and lasted 3 years of limited use before it blew the pinion gear, of which is N/A worldwide.
I replaced the Husqvarna with a Kubota ZTR that cut my cutting time by at least half, but I decided to leave the dam bank uncut.

I also have a Kubota L3400 but there's no way I'd attempt to cut the dam bank with that. Neither the ZTR nor the L3400 are designed for that steep of slopes. You may be in the market for a Steiner or comparable.

/ Advice on tractor for 7.5 acres - Mowing pasture and general use - L3902? What flail mower? #48  
I mow my dam bank with my Gravely zero turn. It is a commercial unit and is heavy though. A walk behind, or even a stand on machine should mow it without issue.

/ Advice on tractor for 7.5 acres - Mowing pasture and general use - L3902? What flail mower? #49