AGCO ST22a

/ AGCO ST22a #1  

JOHNinKS

Anybody know anything about AGCO's ST22a? I've looked at the specs and it appears to be about the same as JD2305 and Kubota 2350, but I can't find much info on it.

/ AGCO ST22a #2  
AGCO ST22A is pretty much the same tractor as Massey Ferguson GC2300. The ST22A and JD 2305 have a 68.5cu.in. engine which is bigger than all other subCUT tractors. All other companies' subCUTs have engine sizes between 54 and 61 cu. in. The difference between JD & AGCO is the JD is rated @ 3,000 rpm while the AGCO is rated @ 2,600 rpm.
Other specs on AGCO ST22A:
Eng. HP = 22.5 @ 2600 rpm
PTO HP = 18.7 @ 2600rpm
2 range hydrostatic transmission with cruise control,
lift capacity @ hitch point = 1213 lbs.
wheelbase = 57.1"
overall length = 97.6"
width = 45.8"
ht. over ROPS = 72.4"
weight = 1367 lbs.
hydraulic flow @ remotes = 4.1gpm

Hope this helps!

/ AGCO ST22a
Thanks. After doing some searching I finally figured out that the GC2300 and ST22a are pretty much the same tractor so I'm looking up posts on the GC2300. I noticed the RPM difference also and even noted that the Kubota turns around 3300rpm to get 22 hp. Don't know exactly what this means since I'm not much of a mechanic, but I do know alot of the older American made diesels turned alot lower rpms and seemed to last forever. Anyway thanks again for the info.

/ AGCO ST22a #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( but I do know alot of the older American made diesels turned alot lower rpms and seemed to last forever. )</font>
You're right, they used lower RPM, and lasted a long time. The newer smaller diesels made with different cylinder types and alloys should last between 5 and 10,000 hours, so I don't think you'd have anything to worry about.

I'm still fond of any engine that functions optimally at around 1800 RPM. Guess I'll always be, but I don't expect any less life from my small 21HP@2800 RPM.

John

/ AGCO ST22a #5  
The closer a manufacture goes in the direction of tapping more horsepower from a engine, the RPM will be turned up more. It most often is used when a few more hp is needed to market a new model. This is a larger cubic inch engine that can turn a slower RPM and still develop the hp currently needed for its model range. As competition increases, then the RPM will likely increase. A lot of the competing models are already at or near their RPM limit. As the RPM level is increased, the life span is decreased.