Agmate Finish Mower

/ Agmate Finish Mower #1  

TractorGuy

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 4310 CUT, Ford New Holland 575E Industrial Backhoe, John Deere F725 Front Mount Mower
Bought the 6' Agmate finish mower from Agri Supply yesterday. Hope it lives up to the reviews. Planning to pull the belt covers and check all the fasteners and belt tensions before using.

Looks like they stock replacement belts, blades, and spindles at bargain prices also. Only 27 bucks for replacement spindles.

finish-mower.jpg

Last edited:
   / Agmate Finish Mower #2  
Nice looking mower. I have A Woods 6' and really like the rear discharge as it allows me to get up close to either side.

/ Agmate Finish Mower
A few observations after looking it over:

This mower is incredibly smooth and quiet!

Even though it had a decal that read it shipped with no oil or grease the gearbox was full and the fittings all had some grease on them except the wheel hubs. They might do that at the store before they sell them? The grease was light brown consistency but mixed with my moly so it must be lithium based. I gave all the fittings 30 to 40 strokes and still did not see any grease come out so the spindles and hubs are still not full. All of the fasteners were tight but the spindle bolts took a quarter turn. Belts look to be very heavy duty and had proper tension so no adjustment was needed there. I put one large spacer on the bottom of each gauge wheel spindle and replaced the lynch pins on those with bolts and lock nuts. Several reviews said the lynch pins came out and wheels and spacers got lost so I didn't chance it. One of the lynch pins actually fell out by me bumping it so those are no good. I moved the lift arms out to the rear hole and added bushings to increase the diameter to cat3 so it would fit my quick hitch better. I bushed the top pin to cat2 and it hooked right up. Greased the u-joints, connected the drive shaft, and gave it a run.

That's about it. Did I mention this mower is incredibly smooth and quiet!

finish-mower2.jpg

Last edited:
   / Agmate Finish Mower #4  
Hey JDGuy...
How's the 6' mower working with the JD885?
I was looking at this mower myself but was a little concerned about the "Minimum 22 HP rating". I have a Kubota B3030 which has a 30 HP motor and 23 HP rating at the PTO. I was interpreting the mower HP rating as the "PTO" HP rating and thought I was at the low end. But if the mower rating is based on "engine" HP then I guess I'd be well within the range.

/ Agmate Finish Mower #5  
Hey JDGuy...
How's the 6' mower working with the JD885?
I was looking at this mower myself but was a little concerned about the "Minimum 22 HP rating". I have a Kubota B3030 which has a 30 HP motor and 23 HP rating at the PTO. I was interpreting the mower HP rating as the "PTO" HP rating and thought I was at the low end. But if the mower rating is based on "engine" HP then I guess I'd be well within the range.
Your 3030 should run a 6' finish mower just fine.

/ Agmate Finish Mower #6  
This looks like the Mahindra branded unit, but not sure. If it has the nylon lock spindle nuts on the blades, make sure they are tight before each use. My center one came off on the first use and messed the threads up on the shaft. Not a good design in my opinion.

/ Agmate Finish Mower
I have done two mowings with this so far and it works good. I had it set pretty high and had to go over some Bahia spots twice the first cutting. The last time I dropped it a little and slowed down and it cut everything in a single pass but scalped a couple of high spots. Next I'm going to raise it back up some and sharpen the blades and see if just going at the slower speed is all I need for single pass cutting.

I am mowing a little over 2 acres on my property, a 60' by 100yd roadway easement, and another 15' by 80-100 yd area on the front road. I will be expanding my property mowing to 7 acres eventually.

As far as the power goes my tractor pulls it and runs it with no effort. The John Deere 855 has a 24hp engine with 19hp rated PTO. It's 2WD with turfs.