Aligning PTO shafts

/ Aligning PTO shafts #11  
I don't know on all machines if it has a pto selector if you put it in a mid or front pto if it will unlock the rear.

I think the B series, it might be semi-independent. Meaning if you put it in mid-pto, the rear still turns. Not sure. You'll have to try it.

As far as the paranoid thing, you can never be too safe. It's easy to pull the key and see it sitting there in the cup holder or on the seat, than it being in the ignition and having a helper accidentally bump it. It's just a personal thing I do to all equipment when I work on it. Next to removing spark plug wires.

/ Aligning PTO shafts #12  
Our B3030 will unlock the mid/front PTO when the lever is moved to the rear PTO position.
Never tried it,but the front/mid only position would most likely unlock the rear.
Good luck!

/ Aligning PTO shafts #13  
View attachment 575868 I finally broke down and bought this tool. Its by Klein - called an adjustable stub wrench. Good for rotating PTO shafts and that last 1/4" necessary to align 3-point with implement.

I bought that looked like that from the goody table at Tractor Supply. It came in handy for lots of things. Wish I could find it. :(

/ Aligning PTO shafts #14  
I have a large old screwdriver on the tractor to turn the PTO shaft if needed.

Bruce

/ Aligning PTO shafts
View attachment 575868 I finally broke down and bought this tool. Its by Klein - called an adjustable stub wrench. Good for rotating PTO shafts and that last 1/4" necessary to align 3-point with implement.

I wonder if your device autocorrected. After a bit of digging, I found that "adjustable spud wrench" returns many more applicable results... :D

/ Aligning PTO shafts #16  
OK, so this year I cannot seem to get the PTO shaft on for my rear blower. Are all the BX25 PTO shaft splines the same height, or do I have to keep rotating the PTO shaft until I get to the exact correct spline position? I had no problems in previous years.

/ Aligning PTO shafts #17  
Keep turning till it will go on.

/ Aligning PTO shafts #19  
Keep turning till it will go on.
Yup. All the splines are equally spaced. Keeping things clean & lubed really helps. I like Fluid film & the OEM plastic cover.

/ Aligning PTO shafts
Our B3030 will unlock the mid/front PTO when the lever is moved to the rear PTO position.
Never tried it,but the front/mid only position would most likely unlock the rear.
Good luck!

Just thought I'd follow up. Yes, this works, both ways (mid-only, rear turns & rear-only, mid turns).

Thanks all!