All-time best Cub Cadet mower in the 38"-42" deck range ??

/ All-time best Cub Cadet mower in the 38"-42" deck range ?? #11  
2186GT very good tractor, hate the deck clogging issue image-2513649663.jpg
Ps.., difficult to change oil. Bad design and messy

Last edited:
   / All-time best Cub Cadet mower in the 38"-42" deck range ??
2186GT
very good tractor, hate the deck clogging issue

View attachment 438293

do you have the 48" deck? It seems the 48"-52" decks on many tractor mowers just can't reliably clear themselves and especially when equipped with a bagger.

/ All-time best Cub Cadet mower in the 38"-42" deck range ?? #13  
do you have the 48" deck? It seems the 48"-52" decks on many tractor mowers just can't reliably clear themselves and especially when equipped with a bagger.
I got it with a original 48" and a 54" deck. I've always used the 54" on it.

/ All-time best Cub Cadet mower in the 38"-42" deck range ?? #14  
It seems like the mfg just keeps making machines and everything for that matter cheaper built. Not necessary cheaper price though to watch there bottom line. They add fluff like cruise, tilt wheel, cup holders and 12vdc pwr outlets to charge your cell phone. I can't remember how many times I've been hiked out mowing across a steep hill thinking, wow I could be charging my cell phone... Not! If you can find a good 2000 or 3000 series or even the older IH Cubs they may be better built than new. I have a big box JD L120 bought 10 yrs ago that will probably outlast a new big box unit. A good used JD 500 series would be a good choice too. I did however just get s new JD1025R scut with 60" deck & FEL. I still use the cub 2186gt for tighter places it won't go. The dealer told me they quit making the Cub 3000 series mowers because they cost too much to produce and sell to make a big profit. Parts are outrageous on all makes. The $150 I put into the cub3205 was a pto belt, gas tank grommet , a few plastic bushings & paint.
You might also browse onlycubcadets.com too