Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ?

/ Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #71  
Not trying to beat this dead horse, but Titan Implement is in Decatur, TN. They make most, but not all of their stuff here in TN. I'm from the area and have one of their USA made brush hogs. (Messicks did a video and mentioned the Titan Implement Tiller is imported, but fully supported for example.)

Titan Attachments has much more made in China, but some made in the US like mentioned. I believe they have a warehouse in Memphis, TN, but they are a separate company. The UA line of stuff, and any other specifically is made in the USA, otherwise, it's imported. I reached out and asked for info on where it is manufactured and will update when they respond.

I have a quick attach front bale spear for large square bales and a 3pt trailer hitch, both were made in China for Titan Attachments, but have been great.

My goal is not to talk bad about either one, just clarifying as I've seen many who get the two confused.
You are correct. I just received a drag barrow from Titan Attachments - says made in China right on it- but that’s ok I’m a small hobby farm in a budget. The other implements I have are Titan Implement- and the tiller was made in India. So it’s a mix I guess

/ Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #72  
You are correct. I just received a drag barrow from Titan Attachments - says made in China right on it- but that’s ok I’m a small hobby farm in a budget. The other implements I have are Titan Implement- and the tiller was made in India. So it’s a mix I guess
That should read drag harrow..

/ Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #73  
I have bought 2 of these grapples from MTL Attachements.

A 54" for my smaller 27 hp tractor and just last month a 60" for my newer larger 40hp tractor. They work great for me. I bent a tooth, about a 1/4" on the little one from a large wood fence post jamming between and not realizing it, and bent one lower bar about 1/4" on my 60" last week, but I use them daily in my landscaping business. I like them and will be purchasing there double cylinder grapple when it is back in stock.

/ Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #74  
If you had last weeks price, I'd call and see if they'd give you last weeks price. Especially if you know exactly what you were going to pay. It might convince them that you really were going to purchase but delayed only a few days. If they won't meet last weeks price. Tell them 'Thank you but no thanks'. Losing a sale might give them reason to pause

/ Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #75  
EA by far is one of the best ones out there and I really don't see a lot of complaints about it unlike the Land pride ones. Plenty of bent teeth and poor Chinese castings where the pins go

/ Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #76  
I received the 60” MTL RG-7 grapple about a month ago. I’m surprised at how well built it is and the abuse I’ve already thrown at it. Great value as well. I have nothing but good things to say about the customer service and quality so far.

I rarely post, but DrRobM is right about MTL. I bought their Extreme 72" grapple a couple of years ago...really heavy and really well built. I have picked up logs really too heavy for the tractor (but carefully), but I never once worried about the grapple. The Extreme is about a 1000# base weight, so too heavy for a lot of tractors, but I certainly would entertain their offerings for other items (heavy steel, good welds, and good design).

And, we have some Titan stuff on this farm, too. Not going to badmouth anybody - everything has its use and its place, be it Hilti or Harbor Freight. Judgement call. Just felt obligated to recommend people who have supplied me with good stuff - MTL qualifies for a post.

But...if you have a grapple, you will wonder why you never bought one before this...no matter what you get.

/ Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #77  
I bought a set of cheap forks and promptly destroyed them. I wish that I had just put the money toward my MTL grapple in the first place, and bought a decent set of pallet forks later.

I have the 54" MTL but as I previously mentioned, the 48 would have worked just fine. It was a week from the time that I ordered them until the time that I picked them up at a friend's shop where I had them dropped off.

/ Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #78  
I haven't read all the responses so forgive me if this has already been suggested. HLA attachments here in Canada make excellent Grapples. I recently bought one for my L3901. I don't know if they ship to the US but with the exchange rate on the dollar, shipping might not be an issue. As to cost they are competitive with Land Pride, Everything Attachments, etc. Have a look at "GP Outdoors" on UTube for his demonstration of the HLA grapple and his thoughts on its merits. Good luck....

/ Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #79  
I bought the MTL as well. Light weight, reasonable price, free shipping. I was extremely impressed with how well it was built and designed. I couldn't be happier with it. Must be something with Georgia steel workers because the Assassin smoker I bought out of Georgia was also a work of art.

/ Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #80  
I bought a grapple from a local small dealer that I found on Craigslist. It's actually a used car dealer that started selling skid steer implements.
Mine is a Jenkins Iron and Steel rock grapple, it's built like a tank and actually too heavy for my machine. But it does what I needed.
You might find a similar outfit if you look around.