Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ?

/ Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #81  
Check out CID Attachments made in Denton, NC. Several different models of grapples along with lots of others attachments. I purchased my pallet forks from CID after checking specs on many other brands. And to top it off, the dealer delivered the forks directly to me at no charge. High quality products. You might also look at W.R. Long Attachments in Tarboro, NC. Seems like there are several attachment manufacturers located in North Carolina all making high quality American made products. Shop around.

/ Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #82  
No alternative to EA attachments in my mind. You pay just a bit for quality, but it's not a lot more.

How many times have you bought cheap chinese junk only to have it fail after a couple uses? I've done it, but usually it's a boogie board that we take to the beach and destroy. Grapples from EA are like diamonds. They are forever. I have been pretty tough on mine with great results.

Never once regretted my 60" Wicked SLRG. Also enjoy my 7" Wicked landscape rake from EA. Great products and great service at a fair price!

God Bless America and American made products!
EA Grapple Flag.jpg
Stump put up good fight resize.jpg
Stump 5 med.jpg
Moving burn pile.jpg
Clearing deadfall 1 resize.jpg

Last edited:
   / Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #83  
No alternative to EA attachments in my mind. You pay just a bit for quality, but it's not a lot more.

How many times have you bought cheap chinese junk only to have it fail after a couple uses? I've done it, but usually it's a boogie board that we take to the beach and destroy. Grapples from EA are like diamonds. They are forever. I have been pretty tough on mine with great results.

Never once regretted my 60" Wicked SLRG. Also enjoy my 7" Wicked landscape rake from EA. Great products and great service at a fair price!

God Bless America and American made products!View attachment 705369View attachment 705370View attachment 705372View attachment 705373View attachment 705374
Very shortly now,.....you will be tarred and feathered, as an EA groupie

/ Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #84  
One thing about EA grapples, I’ve yet to meet anyone who owned one, for a compact tractor, who wasn’t happy with it, and bought another brand instead…. Have seen people use other brands, myself included, and switch to EA.

/ Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #85  
One thing about EA grapples, I’ve yet to meet anyone who owned one, for a compact tractor, who wasn’t happy with it, and bought another brand instead…. Have seen people use other brands, myself included, and switch to EA.
Probably the very best testimonial possible!

/ Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #86  
I haven't seen anyone complain about the quality, and the long wait is communicated, but the charges being applied at ordering instead of shipping is kind of unique. As others said, if there is an issue you cannot even go back to your credit card company with the amount of time that has passed. Considering the demand, and the fact that the company would not be "stuck" with a unit if you backed out of your order, I am not sure why they don't use the standard "bill when ship" process.

/ Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #87  
I have 3 grapples, none are EA and all have held up fine on 60 and 80 HP machines. They are very basic attachments and you do not need to spend big dollars on them and then wait forever to get them. Like any equipment, you can break/bend them, even EA's.

Save some money and shop around, then treat your equipment as it was intended. Don't forget FELs are NOT bulldozers, if you are beating up your grapple, you are beating up your FEL and tractor.

Last edited:
   / Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #88  
I haven't seen any posts of people buying a non-EA grapple then switching.

/ Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #89  
I haven't seen any posts of people buying a non-EA grapple then switching.

I’m one of them. So here’s one post.
And I had a landpride grapple, and a blue Diamond Both quality name brands, and they did not come close to comparing to EA.
And if you visit the EA Facebook group, you will find several other people who have switched.

/ Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #90  
Eight years ago I had a WR Long 3rd function valve installed, a Land Pride SGC1560 grapple and had my OEM grill guard modified.

Yes - it is a heavy ( 820# ) skid steer grapple and was expensive.

Could I have operated with some other grapple - yes. I chose Land Pride because of it's build strength and it was available from the local Kubota dealership.

I would suggest that Crazykansasan do something like this to his OEM grill guard.

IMG_0003.jpeg
IMG_0016.jpeg