Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ?

/ Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #11  
That Titan is an imported unit. It is not made in the US. I picked mine up from them directly and all they have is a warehouse and a website. It is soft steel and doesn’t compare to the EA one. I can say this because I bought the titan first trying to get a bargain. It bent easily and I had to be really careful with it. The EA is light enough for a tractor but strong enough that you can use it as intended.
My EA grapple was worth the premium.

/ Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #12  
Bought LX3310HSDC late last month. Had 2 rear remotes and 3rd function valve installed. Was going to purchase a EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple. Didn't decide to pull the trigger until today. 7/7/2021. when to their web site to order, price had increased over-nite. I was okay with the 12 to 14 week, not pleased that they want to charge credit up front for the full amount.
Now to the big question, does any one make a grapple at a more affordable price? EA was going to be close to2550.00.
Nice thread over on OTT. EverythingMoneyAttachments. All the money up front?

You are going to be waiting no matter what you get…I guess you can call your local Kubota dealer and see if they have one on the lot…if not it will probably be weeks if they can even give you a date. I have a heavy duty LandPride grapple…SGC1572 and it is awesome. It weights 920 lbs though..so not for your machine. I can recommend landpride. That said it will still probably be weeks. EA makes great products but I do not agree with their 100% up front ship 4 months later way of doing business. I will not buy from them. They have had some recent QC issues with their hydraulic hose junctions (read post linked) and a top claw that was bent. That said they did ship the owner a new top claw no charge so they made it right.

/ Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #13  
FWIW...About 98% of the tasks being performed with a full grapple that get pictured here on TBN...can be performed with a thumb type grapple on either a loader bucket or forks etc...at much less cost...

Very true. If you are carting around slash….just about anything will work. I actually have problems with slash and mine…it breaks the entire pile in 1/2 if I am not careful.

/ Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #14  
Don't know about the less quality but certainly a lower price. Some of us don't need to rip tanks apart or have the capacity on a loader.

I just bought a 48" Titan. It's made in the USA and was shipped to my door for ~$1400 and tax. They're in Tennessee and didn't charge extra to get it to Texas like EA wanted. They also sell them on Amazon for about $200 more. (Amazon's piece of the pie) It weighs in at about 450 pounds.

Forgot to mention:
I got my pallet frame and forks there too. Everything came on the same truck. And I didn't have to wait 12 weeks for EA to build it.
Most implements sold by Titan are not made in the USA. They indicate it specifically if it is (Called their UA or United Attachments line). The one you linked is not.

/ Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #15  
I picked this Tomahawk up at the factory a couple years ago. It was $1092 then.

/ Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #16  
That Titan is an imported unit. It is not made in the US. I picked mine up from them directly and all they have is a warehouse and a website. It is soft steel and doesn’t compare to the EA one. I can say this because I bought the titan first trying to get a bargain. It bent easily and I had to be really careful with it. The EA is light enough for a tractor but strong enough that you can use it as intended.
My EA grapple was worth the premium.
In my opinion, EA products are worth the cost, in nearly all cases.
I am absolutely certain that I could not bend my EA forks with my 48 HP Kubota.

/ Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #17  
Shop around...there are some great deals out there that are just as good of quality and not as expensive...!
"Just as good of quality"

NOPE!

/ Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #18  
In some cases much better quality...for way less money...!

/ Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #19  
In some cases much better quality...for way less money...!
"In some cases much better quality"
I am not from Missouri,...... but please show me!

/ Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #20  
Don't know about the less quality but certainly a lower price. Some of us don't need to rip tanks apart or have the capacity on a loader.

I just bought a 48" Titan. It's made in the USA and was shipped to my door for ~$1400 and tax. They're in Tennessee and didn't charge extra to get it to Texas like EA wanted. They also sell them on Amazon for about $200 more. (Amazon's piece of the pie) It weighs in at about 450 pounds.

Forgot to mention:
I got my pallet frame and forks there too. Everything came on the same truck. And I didn't have to wait 12 weeks for EA to build it.
The Titan you bought from is *not* the same company as Titan Implements in Tennessee.