Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ?

/ Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #31  
Nor could I bend mine that is Landpride. They are designed for a skid steer. I pick up boulders all the time with them. I have pushed multiple stumps out of the ground with them. EA isn’t the only good brand out there. They are good yes, but some don’t appreciate their pay up front business model and wish to shop elsewhere.
I've found Land Pride implements to be of excellent quality; but they sure aren't cheap, either...

/ Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #32  
I've found Land Pride implements to be of excellent quality; but they sure aren't cheap, either...
No they are not! I think my grapple was $3500….granted it is 920 lbs of steel….but still quite expensive.

/ Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #33  
No they are not! I think my grapple was $3500….granted it is 920 lbs of steel….but still quite expensive.
A 920 lb. grapple?
What type machine is that on?

/ Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #34  
Land Pride and EA seem to be equal in quality.

/ Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #35  
Last edited:
   / Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #36  
Very true. If you are carting around slash….just about anything will work. I actually have problems with slash and mine…it breaks the entire pile in 1/2 if I am not careful.
Like I said...about 98% of the full grapple jobs being done that get pictured here can be done with a thumb...
logs, root balls, rocks/boulders...

Not everyone that has use for a grapple/thumb has a quick attach system...changing from a pin on bucket to a grapple can be a PITA....thumb type grapples can generally be taken off a set of forks or a loader bucket with just a couple of lynch pins etc...

/ Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #37  
Take a look at precision manufacturing and ANBO. Both are upper end options.

/ Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #38  
I have a generation one EA root grapple and I've kicked the **** out of it and it keeps coming back for more. EA's generation 2 is better and EA took our ideas and built them into their second generation grapple. I know my videos are on EA's website, but they are fan videos, I paid for my EA stuff and six years in, it is still worth the money I paid and more. That EA grapple is still working in my last video cleaning up after my ancient payloader was popping root balls out.

Last edited:
   / Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #39  
Like I said...about 98% of the full grapple jobs being done that get pictured here can be done with a thumb...
logs, root balls, rocks/boulders...

Not everyone that has use for a grapple/thumb has a quick attach system...changing from a pin on bucket to a grapple can be a PITA....thumb type grapples can generally be taken off a set of forks or a loader bucket with just a couple of lynch pins etc...
Not sure what your point is, so what, there are multiple choices in the market and that's the beauty of it.
For example you can go to work in a scooter, rollerblades, a car or a Battle Tank...You choose.

By the way, the majority of your comments haven't been any helpful and are quite annoying.
Not sure what is your contribution to the particular subject.

Whish you a happy Friday.
Hope you understand that there are multiple opinions and there is no need to insult, call names or make derogative comments to those that have a different mindset that yours.

/ Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #40  
I have a wonderful Woods/Alitech grapple on a 70HP tractor that I have constantly abused for 7 year and even the paint is still good. But 3 years ago I bought the EA grapple for my 3046R. I've been just as rough on it (given the tractor weight difference) and like it even better. Particularly excels at raking when the Woods is NOT built for. It may not be the bargain it was but I couldn't give it a higher recommendation.

Mark