Always carry your phone!!

/ Always carry your phone!! #11  
... secure your ladder.

^This.

Because I burned wood for years and had to climb up on the roof to clean the chimney, I secured an extension ladder to the eaves of the roof and that's where it stays. It is secured both top and bottom so it cannot move. The top of the ladder extends 6' over the edge of the roof so I have something to hold on to when I get on and off the ladder. More than worth it to me to have a way to get up on the roof safely and securely.

/ Always carry your phone!! #12  
Not me, just something that I read.

I don't feel nearly as bad as the people I heard about the drove off with the dog tied to their bumber.

I have looked several times, yet have never found an actual account of the wife driving off with the guy tied to the bumper. I have found a couple sites which list it as an urban legend.

Unfortunately I have heard of people driving off and dragging their dogs. I used to tie mine off on the shady side of the truck; now I leave him next to my door, and tie the rope to the steering wheel.

/ Always carry your phone!! #13  
The wife must have been left leaning, and it was all sensored. lol

I would like to know if it ever happened.

Unfortunately, the one case I heard about the dog, was quite close heresay information. Makes me almost sick to think about stuff like that.

/ Always carry your phone!! #14  
Good thing the OP didn't snag a body part on the gutter nail while he slid over it.:eek:

/ Always carry your phone!! #15  
Better than tying a safety rope around your waist, up over the roof, tied to a vehicle bumber, that the wife decides to drive away in. True story.

I think I've seen this in at least one Three Stooges episode....

/ Always carry your phone!! #16  
Surprised at you all, no mention about the buddy system? I simply avoid dangerous activities unless there’s a one around.

/ Always carry your phone!! #17  
I have about one visitor every three months, out here. However, since my 50 year shingles were installed 17 years ago - I've had no reason to go up on the roof.

I've never thought about taking my cell phone with me when I travel out on my property. Good idea - I will start doing just that.

/ Always carry your phone!! #18  
Neighbor has a bad ticker, couple of operations. He hugs his phone real tight when he's out on a tractor hogging or bailing.

No buddies to be able to sit and watch while I tinker with stuff. I had it fairly close, maybe 15' away when I fell and cut my hand, but if I had been hurt worse and wasn't able to move, that 15' might as well have been a mile. I've been on ladders, scaffolds and the roof a few times since ... with no phone in my pocket.

/ Always carry your phone!! #19  
The wife must have been left leaning, and it was all sensored. lol

I would like to know if it ever happened.

Unfortunately, the one case I heard about the dog, was quite close heresay information. Makes me almost sick to think about stuff like that.

Guy did it with a horse here. Took it like over a mile before he figured it out. Some of the neighbors went nuts.

/ Always carry your phone!! #20  
Surprised at you all, no mention about the buddy system? I simply avoid dangerous activities unless there’s a one around.

Ditto. I tell my wife where I am and what I am doing.

Course some times I am out there, wondering when she is going to check on me. LOL. :eek: