Amazon rant...

/ Amazon rant... #141  
.....in a what looked to be a private vehicle, a van with no markings on the outside.....
For Amazon that's all they have in my area, either a white Dodge Caravan or a silver one. Both of which aren't fit for the road but then again, watching them trying to back up, neither are they. The company is called Intelcom...my name for them is Stupidcom. Least ways the names I can use on this forum :).
USPS is always the brown van, Purolator is the white one

/ Amazon rant... #142  
Amazon drivers and vehicles change constantly. I agree with the OP, they are clearly not paid well for them to attract such bad people. I've seen them get stuck in the snow because they couldn't back down a driveway. I've had packages that I got a delivery notice for, but was left on the ground across the street as well as a time where they started to drive up the driveway and tossed it into the trees on one side. I have seen some that clearly were afraid to be out in the country.

/ Amazon rant...
Well, 2 kudo's to Amazon. The site said the items would be delivered between 2:45 PM and 5:30 PM and they were by another very courteous Amazon driver driving a white Ford Transit full sized van and he actually brought the order (it was 2 boxes and one was heavy up to the back deck. I was so impressed I gave him a 5 dollar tip.. Nothing damaged and everything was well wrapped and no shredded cartons either. Kind of unusual for Amazon. Usually the cartons are shredded as well.

I did ask him some candid questions and told him (black fellow in his 30's I estimated) he didn't have too answer but I was curious after reading a previous post.

Asked him if he got 40hours a week and he told me no bot got paid for 40 hours as Amazon encourages him at least to finish as quickly as possible and I asked him what his hourly rate was and he told me $18.oo an hour and if for some reason he had to work over 40 hours, he got time and a half.

Maybe the rates and conditions are different here than elsewhere, I have no idea.

Never hurts to ask I say...

/ Amazon rant... #144  
Found your package

1701388414270.png

/ Amazon rant... #145  
Our Amazon drivers are great- no issues, at all. Perhaps it has to do with management of your local hub.

/ Amazon rant... #147  
Well, 2 kudo's to Amazon. The site said the items would be delivered between 2:45 PM and 5:30 PM and they were by another very courteous Amazon driver driving a white Ford Transit full sized van and he actually brought the order (it was 2 boxes and one was heavy up to the back deck. I was so impressed I gave him a 5 dollar tip.. Nothing damaged and everything was well wrapped and no shredded cartons either. Kind of unusual for Amazon. Usually the cartons are shredded as well.

I did ask him some candid questions and told him (black fellow in his 30's I estimated) he didn't have too answer but I was curious after reading a previous post.

Asked him if he got 40hours a week and he told me no bot got paid for 40 hours as Amazon encourages him at least to finish as quickly as possible and I asked him what his hourly rate was and he told me $18.oo an hour and if for some reason he had to work over 40 hours, he got time and a half.

Maybe the rates and conditions are different here than elsewhere, I have no idea.

Never hurts to ask I say...
I ordered a small table for my wife. It was supposed to be delivered tomorrow.

I heard a bang outside a little while ago. Of course it's storming out and raining like a sum beach out at the moment. So I wasn't sure what the noise was, whether a limb came down or what.

Then I heard someone banging on the door

So I go over, grab the pooch to hold her back wondering if it's an emergency and the bang was someone hitting a tree

Open the door and here's an Amazon driver with my wife's table.

I hold the pooch back. He slides the box into the camper. And hauls butt

/ Amazon rant... #148  
We haven’t had an Amazon driver ever come to our house. They always deliver to our local post office and the post office makes the final delivery to our house. I can’t complain though because the packages always show up in a few days after I order.

/ Amazon rant... #149  
How many of u have gotten a pkg from Amazon where the tape has pulled from the cardboard.??
They must save millions, scrimping on tape.!!!

/ Amazon rant... #150  
How many of u have gotten a pkg from Amazon where the tape has pulled from the cardboard.??
They must save millions, scrimping on tape.!!!
Never have.