Ambra Multi G-134 Substitute

KP Texan

Tractor
New Holland TC40DA
I'm doing some maintenance on my dad's TC40DA, and I'm having trouble finding info on suitable fluids for the hydraulics/trans. The original spec calls for Ambra Multi G-134 but according to the New Holland dealer, they're switching over to Mastertran Ultraction. Neither of these are cheap ($75 or so for 5 gallons), but it's worth it to me if there's no other good substitute.

That being said, I can get this oil at TSC for $30.00/5 gal pail: Traveller Universal Tractor Trans/Hydraulic Fluid (edited because I can't post links, but it is their Traveller brand Premium UTTO, SKU #80639199)

There are no good details on the TSC website but, assuming it meets M2C134D spec, would this work fine in this tractor? Anyone else use this fluid? There's also a bad leak I've got to track down (assuming maybe test ports), so I really don't want to be dumping expensive fluid out while I'm trying to find a fix for that. If it's not worth the $90 savings on my fluid change, I'll stick with the NH fluids, but I'm hoping it will work OK.

Thanks in advance for the help!

OP
K

KP Texan

Tractor
New Holland TC40DA
Yeah, I've probably already used $90 worth of my time researching this, haha. What I might do is get the cheaper stuff to top off until I repair the leak, and then replace with the NH fluids when I do the complete fluid change with filter and all.

Bigfoot62

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 5090M; JD 5085M; JD 5083E; NH TN70A; Ford 2600
I use MobilFluid 424 in all my tractors. Meets NH, JD, IH, Cat, etc., specs. $40/5 gallons from the local fuel supplier and it's really good stuff.

Russ5160

Can I use Ambra Multi G 134 in my CK 2610 SE Kioti tractor?

Metheds21

Tractor
Newholland 1720
I used the travelers tsc oil in my finaldrives and front axle recently on my 1720 only thing i could find locally that meets my ford/newhollands specs ive only got 50 hours on it but ill let ya know if it implodes and the oil seemed decent enough

PCABE5

Platinum Member
Tractor
LS MT3 57 Cab and loader
CNH PowerPoint talking about Ultraction says it is replacing, Hy-tran, Master-tran, G134, and Nexplore. It is fully compatible with the older oils so a mix of older oil won't hurt your system.

rodneyn

Silver Member
Lesson learned cheap hydraulic oil causes issues from cavitation to pump issues. Spend the money on specified oil or spend money later on repairs. I experienced these hard knocks of life it痴 expensive. Some people don稚 have issues with cheap oil and probably drive their tires bald to squeeze out every dollar. I am not that fortunate.

MiserableOldFart

Gold Member
Tractor
NH Workmaster 40, Kubota GR2120
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but it appears that nobody carries the New Holland trans oils any more. What are you all using? What about warranty issues? This is a serious problem.