Ambra Multi G-134 Substitute

/ Ambra Multi G-134 Substitute #1  

KP Texan

Tractor
New Holland TC40DA
I'm doing some maintenance on my dad's TC40DA, and I'm having trouble finding info on suitable fluids for the hydraulics/trans. The original spec calls for Ambra Multi G-134 but according to the New Holland dealer, they're switching over to Mastertran Ultraction. Neither of these are cheap ($75 or so for 5 gallons), but it's worth it to me if there's no other good substitute.

That being said, I can get this oil at TSC for $30.00/5 gal pail: Traveller Universal Tractor Trans/Hydraulic Fluid (edited because I can't post links, but it is their Traveller brand Premium UTTO, SKU #80639199)

There are no good details on the TSC website but, assuming it meets M2C134D spec, would this work fine in this tractor? Anyone else use this fluid? There's also a bad leak I've got to track down (assuming maybe test ports), so I really don't want to be dumping expensive fluid out while I'm trying to find a fix for that. If it's not worth the $90 savings on my fluid change, I'll stick with the NH fluids, but I'm hoping it will work OK.

Thanks in advance for the help!

/ Ambra Multi G-134 Substitute #2  
There's all manner of substitutes but few replacements. There are more opinions on this topic than choices.
Good luck.

/ Ambra Multi G-134 Substitute
Yeah, I've probably already used $90 worth of my time researching this, haha. What I might do is get the cheaper stuff to top off until I repair the leak, and then replace with the NH fluids when I do the complete fluid change with filter and all.

/ Ambra Multi G-134 Substitute #4  
I use MobilFluid 424 in all my tractors. Meets NH, JD, IH, Cat, etc., specs. $40/5 gallons from the local fuel supplier and it's really good stuff.

/ Ambra Multi G-134 Substitute #5  
Can I use Ambra Multi G 134 in my CK 2610 SE Kioti tractor?

/ Ambra Multi G-134 Substitute #6  
I used the travelers tsc oil in my finaldrives and front axle recently on my 1720 only thing i could find locally that meets my ford/newhollands specs ive only got 50 hours on it but ill let ya know if it implodes and the oil seemed decent enough

/ Ambra Multi G-134 Substitute #8  
CNH PowerPoint talking about Ultraction says it is replacing, Hy-tran, Master-tran, G134, and Nexplore. It is fully compatible with the older oils so a mix of older oil won't hurt your system.

/ Ambra Multi G-134 Substitute #9  
Lesson learned cheap hydraulic oil causes issues from cavitation to pump issues. Spend the money on specified oil or spend money later on repairs. I experienced these hard knocks of life it痴 expensive. Some people don稚 have issues with cheap oil and probably drive their tires bald to squeeze out every dollar. I am not that fortunate.

/ Ambra Multi G-134 Substitute #10  
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but it appears that nobody carries the New Holland trans oils any more. What are you all using? What about warranty issues? This is a serious problem.