amsoil transmisssion

/ amsoil transmisssion #2  
I estimate about half of us GC owners.

Next time, I suggest you post in owning and operating.

More people may see it.

/ amsoil transmisssion #3  
Not me, I wont leave it in the transmission past 300 hours regardless of brand. Shell S4 TXM is what we run.

/ amsoil transmisssion
Not me, I wont leave it in the transmission past 300 hours regardless of brand. Shell S4 TXM is what we run.
I was thinking of running amsoil 5w 30 transmission hydraulic fluided. But it cost a lot for 5 gallon. I will check out the shell.

/ amsoil transmisssion #5  
I just picked up a unopened 5 gallon pail of amsoil hydraulic fluid on E-bay for $65. Always had good luck with their products. I truly believe they make some of the best oil money can buy.

/ amsoil transmisssion #6  
If you are not going to run synthetic, you may as well run Permatran, it's very good oil.

Not sure if you can save enough with another premium brand, to warrant switching.

However, if you can't get Permatran, there are lots of good options out there.

The Amsoil doesn't cost more, if you run it longer. And, the cold weather benefits could be important to some owners.

The warm up times in extremely cold temps, for a GC with mineral based hydraulic oil, are scary.

/ amsoil transmisssion
If you are not going to run synthetic, you may as well run Permatran, it's very good oil.

Not sure if you can save enough with another premium brand, to warrant switching.

However, if you can't get Permatran, there are lots of good options out there.

The Amsoil doesn't cost more, if you run it longer. And, the cold weather benefits could be important to some owners.

The warm up times in extremely cold temps, for a GC with mineral based hydraulic oil, are scary.
Yes ray66v Permatran is what I am using now. I just thought of switching to amsoil because local store less then a mile away now has it. But like I said, the cost is 202 dollars for 5 gallon.

/ amsoil transmisssion #8  
I understand your dilemma.

I think I paid $135 many years ago. I am not anxious to spend $200. But, I would.

I may never have to change mine again, because my tractor is on light duty.

/ amsoil transmisssion #9  
I was thinking of running amsoil 5w 30 transmission hydraulic fluided. But it cost a lot for 5 gallon. I will check out the shell.
The big chain that took over our MF dealer closed it. The second reason I am going to run Shell is it has a better cold pour point. We put enough hours on that changing every 300 happens soon enough. I dont want to extend the intervals on the transmission.

Last edited:
   / amsoil transmisssion #10  
Without sounding like a total rookie . . does PermaTran come in the gc1700s when new? And is Permatran good for cold temps?

Lastly, I've read often over 20 years about using amsoil as a gas engine oil versus other brands. But what is different or nique about amsoil for scut tractor purposes compared to PermaTran?