An Air Filter for the 4500Y's Fuel Cap.

/ An Air Filter for the 4500Y's Fuel Cap. #11  
Murphy, when you get a round tuit, check you first in line fuel filter. You may not have the same midges in your area.

prs

/ An Air Filter for the 4500Y's Fuel Cap. #12  
Murphy, when you get a round tuit, check you first in line fuel filter. You may not have the same midges in your area.

prs

We don't get midges till summer.

/ An Air Filter for the 4500Y's Fuel Cap.
John, Can you post a pic of the bottom of your cap as I can't seem to find the problem.

Here you go...

DSCN1169.JPG

DSCN1170.JPG

/ An Air Filter for the 4500Y's Fuel Cap. #15  
I have the same cap. Which auto parts store will carry 14-2580?

/ An Air Filter for the 4500Y's Fuel Cap.
We don't get midges till summer.

Yes, you want to check the first on-line filter, nearest the fuel tank, mounted in the center tunnel, below the fuel shut-off valve. That's the one that traps pretty much whatever foreign matter gets into the tank. CarQuest sells a replacement if you need one... CarQuest No. 86032. The only difference relative to the Kubota OEM filter is that the Kubota's body is translucent plastic. CarQuest No. 86032 has a metal body.

CarQuest also sells an oil filter for the Kubota Diesel engine... CarQuest No. 85358.

I believe that Wix makes the CarQuest-branded filters.

We, too, don't get midges till summer around here. I suspect that the midges that drowned in my fuel tank got into the tank sometime last summer, or in the first part of the Autumn.

/ An Air Filter for the 4500Y's Fuel Cap. #18  
Had ALL my filters changed last month after the hydraulic filter update. But I'll use the K&N trick today.

/ An Air Filter for the 4500Y's Fuel Cap. #19  
Well I went to 3 stores Advance auto, auto zone and carquest. That # does not work at all. Carquest here does not carry K&N but will order it if the # was good. Please check your #.

/ An Air Filter for the 4500Y's Fuel Cap. #20  
Murph!?!?!

I realize the bugs are not flying about up there in the snow, but its the ones from last summer/fall. See now that you have new filters. Another source for air filter material that can be cut to size are the open cell foam Shop Vac pre-filters.

But, hey; do take care with those darned snow snakes! Might need a flask of brandy handy just in case of a bite. ;-)

prs