And I thought winter was over.LOL

/ And I thought winter was over.LOL #11  
The NWS shows the Denton airport to be 36, so I guess their forecast was pretty close, but my thermometer here shows 41 and it's a clear, sunny day; still have a north breeze (13 mph, gusting to 22) but not like yesterday afternoon when it was gusting up to 41 mph.

And Carolyn, when Plano was as I described it, Frisco was even smaller. Both towns only had volunteer fire departments and instead of police departments, Plano had a Town Marshall (Wallace Williams) and a night watchman (Dick Sheridan). In late 1957 or early 1958, Plano hired Otho Nicholas as police chief, made Wallace the evening shift patrolman, and Dick the late night shift patrolman. Otho was a really nice guy, former captain in the McKinney police department and also a former pro baseball player (Brooklyn Dodgers, I think).

/ And I thought winter was over.LOL #12  
Can't understand why everyone is so surprised. It is GLOBAL WARMING. Hecks fire, Big Al has been warning us about this for years.:rolleyes:

/ And I thought winter was over.LOL #13  
Our forecast is for 35 tonight and 30 tomorrow night. We have some tomato plants in big pots, so I moved them into the shop this afternoon and aimed a lamp with a "plant gro" bulb at them.:rolleyes:

Bird, if it is 35 in the Metro-mess, I'd bet it will be in the high 20's here; although, my forecast is for 30 degrees also. last night the temperature dropped to 33 even though the forecast was for 35. We always seem to be a few degrees cooler than the forecast.

I have tomato, pepper, and basil plants in pots in my cabin. I set them where the sun could shine in through the windows kinda like a greenhouse. I will plant them in my new garden spot after this cool snap is over. Surely, this will be the last one of the season.

My postoak trees are sure taking a beating. The blackjacks have much larger leaves, but the postoaks just started leafing out here and their leaves are young and tender. The last freeze put a ring of brown on their edges and this cool snap has the potential to do the same thing. If we get a nice shower by this next weekend, they will snap back and really get going. Yep! I know next weeked is Easter. Don't we always have miserable weather on Easter?:rolleyes:

/ And I thought winter was over.LOL #14  
Don't we always have miserable weather on Easter?:rolleyes:

Yeah, and I see the NWS has just changed the 30% chance or rain and thunderstorms to a 20% chance for us. Of course, I'd expect the forecast to change a few more times between now and Sunday.:D

/ And I thought winter was over.LOL #15  
Well, it's snowing like the dickens here today. About 30 degrees. Wet, slippery, heavy miserable snow. Hooray!

/ And I thought winter was over.LOL #16  
Jimmy -- same here with flurries forecast most of the week!

/ And I thought winter was over.LOL #17  
When I was a kid we had a warm winter with no snow accumulation to speak of. Then on April 6th we got a foot of snow. I remember thinking, what a waste. :)
The only good thing abut spring snow is that it melts quickly.
We had some wet snow flurries, lots and lots of rain. Cool weather is supposed to last a week and then it will get nice. I should be ready to perch fish by then. :cool:

/ And I thought winter was over.LOL #18  
it's 40 degrees outside today. I was supposed to build a custom fireplace mantel, but with 40 degree temps and a high expected to hit 50, plus 35 mph winds, I'm holding off on that job. Too cold to be doing fine wood working outdoors and expect good results.

Tonight it's expected to get down to 30 degrees!!!!!

Eddie

/ And I thought winter was over.LOL #19  
A buddy of mine sent this text message to me the other day. I'm sure you could insert any state in place of Pennsylvania and it would still work. (I've toned down the language too.)

"98% of drivers say "Oh shoot" when they hit ice. The other 2% are from Pennsylvania and say "Hold my beer and watch this!"

BTW, we are looking at 10-12" tonight. I still have my blower on BUT all that sod/rock/gravel that I raked off the lawn? I think I'll be doing the job again.

/ And I thought winter was over.LOL #20  
Bird, if it is 35 in the Metro-mess, I'd bet it will be in the high 20's here; although, my forecast is for 30 degrees also. last night the temperature dropped to 33 even though the forecast was for 35. We always seem to be a few degrees cooler than the forecast.

It is interesting the cold, snow, and ice you Texas folks get. You're farther south than Sacramento, yet we do not get near the cold snowy weather. And, I have never seen much ice here.