And yet another tractor mishap...

/ And yet another tractor mishap... #2  
Wow, I can't believe he survived that accident!!! He's fortunate to be alive today, I hope his injuries heal up and he can get back to work soon.

/ And yet another tractor mishap... #3  
Yeooow, how did he avoid the haire? behind it...Ford 4000 'Jumped in gear"...Bad enough..

/ And yet another tractor mishap... #4  
Yeooow, how did he avoid the haire? behind it...Ford 4000 'Jumped in gear"...Bad enough..

Lucky man!!!
I'm guessing this tractor has a reverser transmission. Going into gear would just be a matter of the reverser lever being pushed out of the neutral position...which as an owner of a tractor with a reverser transmission, can attest that pushing it into gear isn't difficult at all.
To be safe, you should also put the gear and range selector levers in neutral as well (which is required for offseat PTO operation).

/ And yet another tractor mishap... #5  
Wow he is very lucky to be alive. It is odd that the harrow tore up the road, but didnt tear him up.

/ And yet another tractor mishap... #6  
It sounds like it was a cultivator and not a set of harrows. I can't see the tines on a harrow doing more than lightly scratching the surface of a road but a cultivator could certainly cause damage.
Barker Police Officer Nicholas LoCicero said......The tractor was hitched to a harrow, a spiked apparatus used to break up soil, and the spikes damaged the road.

/ And yet another tractor mishap... #7  
I agree with that, a harrow would never tear up a road, gravel or paved.

/ And yet another tractor mishap... #9  
   / And yet another tractor mishap... #10  
Wow, he is lucky to be alive. A co-worker of mine has a 5000 Ford. He was tilling one day in the spring of 2010. He said he noticed either a strange sound or vibration coming from the tiller, so he got off the tractor with the tiller running to see where the sound/vibration was coming from. As he was getting off, the tractor jumped into gear, ran over him and pulled the tiller across him. He's very lucky that tractor didn't crush his chest, but even more so that the tiller didn't kill him. He was cut up all over his body, but his right arm took the brunt. He has probably 75% use of that arm.