Another cart, oversized debris bucket, carry-all on the 3ph, or something else maybe?

/ Another cart, oversized debris bucket, carry-all on the 3ph, or something else maybe? #1  

GeneV

Elite Member
Tractor
Bradley 48" stander MF GC1710
What up, I need some ideas for hauling bulky things. I'm selling my garden tractor, and the fella is wanting my 14 cu ft dump cart too as part of the deal. This one:

IMG_20180926_184651.jpg

This got me thinking on replacement options.

Option a) Another cart. This was kind of the eventual plan anyways, because this current cart is pretty beat as is.
But then, I started thinking maybe an oversized bucket? Or cobble together a giant carry-all attached to the 3 point back there. I dunno, bounce some ideas my way. Anybody come up with anything interesting in that vein?

/ Another cart, oversized debris bucket, carry-all on the 3ph, or something else maybe? #3  
Single axle dump trailer, off road or one that can be used on road

/ Another cart, oversized debris bucket, carry-all on the 3ph, or something else maybe? #4  
No idea about what or how you will pull this or what size you need. Polar makes a couple of similar options, see Northern Tool.
1634004249023.png
1634004373694.png

/ Another cart, oversized debris bucket, carry-all on the 3ph, or something else maybe? #5  
I have a trailer much like the one you picture.

It's hauled hundreds of loads of autumn leaves to be dumped over the bank. It's moved ladders, carried stones for wall building, moved countless loads of firewood from splitter to stack to shed , I've replaced the plane bronze wheel bearing, and added an angle iron stiffener to the front wall and bed junction. It has served me well, I would replace it in a moment if it were gone.

Just now, it sits under tarp filled chuck a block full of splitter waste to use as kindling over the winter. It has sat that way for about two months.

There is a wood decked carry all on the B7200 , it get's used for all the same needs and more, without the negative aspects of a trailer.

The carry all is the frame from TSC (About $125) and old cedar 1X6 decking boards. Filled with dirt, the B7200 is too light up front to steer.
Topped with firewood, the 3ph hydraulics won't lift it.

I love the thing! Just right. I'm wondering if I'll take it off when the front mounted Snow blower is fitted. Last year a compact counter weight was used. This year, I just don't know, I still need to move wood all winter ;-)

/ Another cart, oversized debris bucket, carry-all on the 3ph, or something else maybe? #6  
Is this what you had in mind? Walmart has 1 that hitches to your existing bike for $150.
1634008752589.jpeg

/ Another cart, oversized debris bucket, carry-all on the 3ph, or something else maybe? #7  
I have a bunch of different ways! I might have a problem…

I have your trailer bed on a tsc carryall frame on my 3 point most of the time. It has 5 80lb bags of concrete that got wet one night in the front half. It’s my “pickup bed”.

Then a trailer like yours sits in the garden for weeds and stuff to get thrown in. I don’t like the rear door in that it doesn’t remove easily since it’s bolted but I could modify pretty quick if I wanted. Just never have.

Just got a plastic tub trailer like one of the earlier posters that has metal stakesides and a dump latch for behind the riding mower. It seems to be grandkid approved for a ride around the yard. Mostly for the sticks and stuff for picking up the yard before mowing.
I like it a lot more than the old metal one.

Then there a 2 wheel plastic wheelbarrow for the firewood, a metal grate pull wagon for moving hand fulls of tools and materials back and forth from project to shop, another wheelbarrow for moving rocks for stacking(it’s metal), and I really don’t remember what else is out there.

I like the plastic tubbed dump wagon the best for all around use but it’s too small to be pulling behind the tractor.

/ Another cart, oversized debris bucket, carry-all on the 3ph, or something else maybe? #8  
What up, I need some ideas for hauling bulky things. I'm selling my garden tractor, and the fella is wanting my 14 cu ft dump cart too as part of the deal. This one:

View attachment 716629

This got me thinking on replacement options.

Option a) Another cart. This was kind of the eventual plan anyways, because this current cart is pretty beat as is.
But then, I started thinking maybe an oversized bucket? Or cobble together a giant carry-all attached to the 3 point back there. I dunno, bounce some ideas my way. Anybody come up with anything interesting in that vein?

Say "No."

/ Another cart, oversized debris bucket, carry-all on the 3ph, or something else maybe?
Guys, thank you. I thought on that a bit last night, summed up that a new dump cart is the smartest choice simply because I could fill it with the bucket, and then fill the bucket with more junk, haul all that away and dump both. Anything else limits me. Plus looks to be the most budget wise option.

I'm looking at poly carts like some of you guys posted about, I googly searched a bit, went on TSC's website, Home Depot and all that. I see Brinly-Hardy has a 17 cu footer, bigger than what I got now, that's nice! Ohio Steel has one which is smaller, but what I really like about it is that you could tilt the tub fully over so that it dumps completely without you having to shovel stuff out of it.

/ Another cart, oversized debris bucket, carry-all on the 3ph, or something else maybe?
I have a bunch of different ways! I might have a problem…

I have your trailer bed on a tsc carryall frame on my 3 point most of the time. It has 5 80lb bags of concrete that got wet one night in the front half. It’s my “pickup bed”.

Then a trailer like yours sits in the garden for weeds and stuff to get thrown in. I don’t like the rear door in that it doesn’t remove easily since it’s bolted but I could modify pretty quick if I wanted. Just never have.

Just got a plastic tub trailer like one of the earlier posters that has metal stakesides and a dump latch for behind the riding mower. It seems to be grandkid approved for a ride around the yard. Mostly for the sticks and stuff for picking up the yard before mowing.
I like it a lot more than the old metal one.

Then there a 2 wheel plastic wheelbarrow for the firewood, a metal grate pull wagon for moving hand fulls of tools and materials back and forth from project to shop, another wheelbarrow for moving rocks for stacking(it’s metal), and I really don’t remember what else is out there.

I like the plastic tubbed dump wagon the best for all around use but it’s too small to be pulling behind the tractor.
Yeh, I know what you mean, it pivots at the top and the idea is that the door lets debris pass from the bottom when you tilt the tub...but in reality it just jams everything up.

I solved that problem by welding 2 channels so that I could just slide the back door off altogether.

Attachments

• IMG_20200503_165008.jpg
    IMG_20200503_165008.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 117
  • IMG_20200503_165124.jpg
    IMG_20200503_165124.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 120