another computer question

/ another computer question #1  

gotrocks

Platinum Member
Tractor
B-2910 delivered 8/23/01
Hello TBNers,
You've helped numerous times in the past so here I come again.

In the past my mouse has let me click the right and have the option "go back"--
well it has stopped working that way, I have to move cursor to top left and click
"Go back one page"

Any ideas as to what has happened?
Did "This little finger do it?"

Thank you.

/ another computer question #2  
Do you still get the menu list when you right click the mouse? I must say that I've never used the right click to go back but I just tried it and it works fine. I do use this for copy and paste functions as a rule.
Wondering if your mouse may have ate some bad cheese or something.
:D

Mark

/ another computer question #3  
Like you, Mark, I've not used the "Back" function by right clicking, but sure enough, it does work for me.:D

/ another computer question #4  
Hold down the "Alt" key and press the left arrow to go Back or the right arrow to go Forward (Alt-left, Alt-right) as another alternative. For copy and paste, Ctrl-c is copy and Ctrl-v is paste. Ctrl-x is cut, and Ctrl-z is undo. I keep my left hand on these keys and move the mouse with my right hand. Right clicking the mouse also works as gotrocks says. I'm not sure why he is suddenly experiencing problems.:confused:

BTW: Norris, do you get anything when you click your right mouse button? It could be a dead button.

/ another computer question #5  
Could be some fuzz or something in it. Try blowing it out with a can of compressed air.

/ another computer question #6  
The right click menu is dependent on the current application and may even vary between different browsers etc...

in many instances editing the menu requires editing the registry which is not recommended for anyone but experienced users...

for more information use Google and search for "editing right click menu"

Always back up the registry before editing

/ another computer question #7  
The right click menu is dependent on the current application and may even vary between different browsers etc...

in many instances editing the menu requires editing the registry which is not recommended for anyone but experienced users...

for more information use Google and search for "editing right click menu"

Always back up the registry before editing

I think gotrocks is saying that it worked before, but now it doesn't. So I guess if he hasn't changed his browser, or gotten a new computer, he should still be able to use that right click function like he did before. At any rate you would think that a right click would produce some sort of option list. If it doesn't, then I might suspect that the mouse is kaputt.

Mark

/ another computer question #8  
I think gotrocks is saying that it worked before, but now it doesn't
OK roger that...
if the link (back) is there but greyed out...try clearing the browser cache and history directories...

/ another computer question
I knew I'd get some suggestions from this distinguished panel.

Yes, in the past I could right click and have the "back" choice.
After reading all your posts, I just noticed if I right click on the top left that auto lights up "Go back one page" a drop down menu with the last 7 pages appears.

I'll keep playing with it and let you hear any other new happenings.

"Are you man or mouse?" " I'm not sure, but I do like cheese!":D

Thanks again to all.

/ another computer question #10  
It appears the problem of the mouse has been addressed so I'll throw out another. Hopefully one of you, more computer savvy than I, folks can help. I bought a new computer, Dell Inspiron 530 with 4GB RAM and 640GB Hard Drive, in August 08. The problem began about two months ago when my file upload and download functioning time slowed to a snail's pace. I used to have what I would call "streaming video" from the Internet. Now, I can't even listen to a song from UTube without the computer buffering 4 or 5 times during one song.

I do defrag and clean up my drives monthly.

I have seen a commercial on TV about some outfit that can clean up all of the spyware and adware that allegedly slows down a computer, but I can't recall the name.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Last edited: