Another confused first timer

/ Another confused first timer #151  
Good point. They don't seem to jack up the price as much as Kubota but probably because the price is already jacked up. There doesn't seem to be any difference in their cash offer versus their finance offer. I will look into it now that you have mentioned it.
I have had dealers tell me the cash and credit price is the same while other dealers gave me a different price for cash? Kind of proves there is a difference someplace.
You speak about prices for kubota being jacked up but my experiance is unless your looking at the cheapest model, JD seems higher around me?

/ Another confused first timer #152  
You speak about prices for kubota being jacked up but my experiance is unless your looking at the cheapest model, JD seems higher around me?
What I meant and I should have clarified is Kubota jacks up the price if you take the zero percent versus the cash offer. However that is to be expected. But undoubtedly JD is higher then Kubota. Now I will mention that JD offers services that Kubota does not such as the ability to demo any of their equipment on your property before purchase with no obligation to buy and they also have a 30 day customer satisfaction money back guarantee also something you will not get with Kubota. So to offer that costs money and that has to be priced into the cost of the machine up front.

/ Another confused first timer #153  
Please explain...maybe I'm dense, but when someone tells me it's 0% for 7 years, I expect them to take the final sales price and divide it by 84. Period. What am I missing? Is there some trickery going on?
We had another thread where we were talking about this recently. What my experience has been with Kubota is when you go to the dealer they will ask how you want to pay for it and if you choose to finance it they will charge a higher price then if you were to pay cash simply because in reality you are paying the interest. 0% interest is nothing more than a gimmick/marketing lie to trick you into thinking you are getting a free lunch. They do the same thing in my industry with "free shipping". There is no free shipping it's just built into the front end price of the product. It's just a lie and for the record, as a business owner I do not engage in dishonest marketing tactics like that. What I offer instead is what I call "true cost shipping" where I charge the customer my commercial rate.

Last edited:
   / Another confused first timer #154  
To funny ..Keep them coming..:poop: I have waited on Deere parts back in 2012 for 2 plus weeks for my JD X740 My kioti parts were here in 3 days.But in the same breath you dislike the union employees at John Deere for a new contract from your previous posts.Go figure ??😁

Attachments

• Ford Truck 181.jpg
    Ford Truck 181.jpg
    293.3 KB · Views: 253
Coobie I can see and hear your passion for Kioti. Please join my thread: Value Proposition: What Makes Your Brand Of Tractor Better Than The Others?

/ Another confused first timer #155  
We had another thread where we were talking about this recently. What my experience has been with Kubota is when you go to the dealer they will ask how you want to pay for it and if you choose to finance it they will charge a higher price then if you were to pay cash simply because in reality you are paying the interest. 0% interest is nothing more than gimmick/marketing lie to trick you into thinking you are getting a free lunch. They do the same thing in my industry with "free shipping". There is no free shipping it's just built into the front end price of the product. It's just a lie and for the record, as a business owner I do not engage in dishonest marketing tactics like that. What I offer instead is what I call "true cost shipping" where I charge the customer my commercial rate.

Good for you. As for Kubota dealers, I have no doubt that what you say is true of some Kubota dealers some of the time. But obviously not for all.

In any negotiation where some bargaining is going on, some of the responsibility falls on both parties. It seems to me that if anyone feels that a deal is unfair, they shouldn't continue.
rScotty

/ Another confused first timer #156  
Good for you. As for Kubota dealers, I have no doubt that what you say is true of some Kubota dealers some of the time. But obviously not for all.

In any negotiation where some bargaining is going on, some of the responsibility falls on both parties. It seems to me that if anyone feels that a deal is unfair, they shouldn't continue.
rScotty
Hey Scotty please don't think I am singling Kubota out. The whole equipment industry is doing it and now I am starting to see the automotive industry doing it.

/ Another confused first timer #157  
Coobie I can see and hear your passion for Kioti. Please join my thread: Value Proposition: What Makes Your Brand Of Tractor Better Than The Others?
No passion for any brand.I buy what works for me.I don't follow threads.Sorry..

Attachments

• Ford Truck 134.jpg
    Ford Truck 134.jpg
    368.2 KB · Views: 289
  • Ford Truck 180.jpg
    Ford Truck 180.jpg
    367.3 KB · Views: 108
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 179
  • Ford Truck 122.jpg
    Ford Truck 122.jpg
    323.2 KB · Views: 348
  • IMG_0953.JPG
    IMG_0953.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 300
  • tempImageOXFIMT.jpg
    tempImageOXFIMT.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 1,007

/ Another confused first timer #158  
No passion for any brand.I buy what works for me.I don't follow threads.Sorry..

Attachments

• Ford Truck 134.jpg
    Ford Truck 134.jpg
    368.2 KB · Views: 289
  • Ford Truck 180.jpg
    Ford Truck 180.jpg
    367.3 KB · Views: 108
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 179
  • Ford Truck 122.jpg
    Ford Truck 122.jpg
    323.2 KB · Views: 348
  • IMG_0953.JPG
    IMG_0953.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 300
  • tempImageOXFIMT.jpg
    tempImageOXFIMT.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 1,007
The Kioti is your choice of compact tractor and you seem to be staunch supporter of it so please share with others why you choose them over the competition.

/ Another confused first timer #160  
Hey Scotty please don't think I am singling Kubota out. The whole equipment industry is doing it and now I am starting to see the automotive industry doing it.

As you say, it isn't one single make or model or even tractors vs autos. Some outright deception has become the way business is done today. Is it more than it used to be? I don't know; some deals are always better than others. It's hard to measure how much.

And is it really new? There will always be people who take advantage if they can. In the final price, how much of the responsibility for a purchase falls on the dealer and how much on the buyer? Sales agreements are pretty simple to read. Anyone can calculate interest.

50 years ago it was assumed that it was common sense to go into any business deal with the assumption that each party was going to try to maximize their profit.

Customers didn't hate dealers for being that way, or vice versa. But it was understood that both parties had an obligation to protect themselves. The common saying was, "Buyer Beware." Seems like little has changed.

rScotty