Another rant about buying used

/ Another rant about buying used #61  
One seller I saw recently posted a photo of a goat and said the seller intended to post an actual picture of the machine later. Why even bother? Why not post a picture of the machine and be done with it?

They have to wait for the goat to eat all the weeds from around the machine, so they can find it again to take the picture

/ Another rant about buying used
I just saw one of "those" adds again yesterday......some tool had something for sale for a specific price and then it says in add....."must sell this week or it's going to scrap yard."

/ Another rant about buying used #63  
Here is a real life example of some of the FB for sale adds that will be there forever.

This is the problem. FB and C list make it TOO easy top pop stuff up for sale.

Remember the old days? You would call the newspaper in town. They would charge you by the word to place an ad. BY THE WORD, remember that?

It took some effort and a few bucks, so people had to be a bit more serious about it before placing the ad.

Now, it's too easy to post a few pics and see if anybody bites.

Here was another one which included a picture of it wet so all the rust didn't look so bad, LOL

PLEASE READ ENTIRE ADI will not respond to low ball offers
If this ad is up its still for sale
1988 ford 3910 tractor with 1766 hours
50 hp
Front tires are 90%Rears are 65%
New starter last year
Runs good
Has 2 remotes
Three point hitch works good
Brakes work good
Tach works
Fuel gauge and temp gauge don't
Fuel tank has a leak
One power steering line has a leak
Will need a new exhaust manifold
Overall a good solid Tractor.
Selling because I bought a bigger tractor
$7000 firm Cash No trades

Only $25,000 for this one! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• ybyu.PNG
    ybyu.PNG
    238.6 KB · Views: 83
   / Another rant about buying used #66  
Those will be there a while. Always tickles me to see firm on price when something is way overpriced.

Makes me wonder if they're not putting it out there just so they can tell the wife they put it up for sale. 😉 Knowing it ain't sellin

/ Another rant about buying used #67  
Let me add yet another silly sales situation. Hunting for a new/used camper, we spied one parked along the road with a sign on it that stated its price, followed by OBO and phone #. The price was rather high but we still wanted to see it. We called the number and they said they'd be right there. They showed it but didn't open the window shades or pop out the sides so of course, it couldn't be really be seen. It was dark as a cave and when chatting about it they mentioned "we don't really need to sell it". That marked the end of our shopping for a camper stop. :eek:

/ Another rant about buying used #68  
So what does OBO mean? I always think it means they will take less than the asking price but I think the seller often means they expect more.

/ Another rant about buying used #69  
Hunting for a new/used camper,
I'll sell you mine (see my thread under the Kubota forum). Problem is, you need a real truck for it. it's mint, always stored inside never outside and used maybe 4 times. At our age, a motel works much better. Has roof solar, 3000 watt PSW inverter, dual house batteries, heat (no air, don't need that) and a full bathroom and of course hot and cold water and furnace and fridge.

Would NEVER buy any camper or Rv that was kept outside. They don't age well sitting outside.

I saw those two adds I posted last night while looking at Kijiji in Canada to see what there was for old Ford's for sale.
There were also several adds for totally restored, stored inside tractors but the only pic they had was the cover of the sales brochure.

And saw a few of the old Shibaura compacts, about the size of a SCUT or like a small B model Kubota and they only wanted $13,000 to $18,000!!!!! And of coarse very poor pics and none of the actual hood or tractor.