Another 'well below' normal period coming.

/ Another 'well below' normal period coming. #1  

Diggin It

Super Star Member
Tractor
LS MT125 TLBM
At least 'normal' is a bit warmer now than it was a couple of months back.

610temp.new.gif

/ Another 'well below' normal period coming. #2  
Did the Ocean conveyor belt ever start back up?

/ Another 'well below' normal period coming. #3  
Finally, we hit +42F today. Day before yesterday was -36.2F. Spring has been very slow coming this year.

/ Another 'well below' normal period coming. #4  
Looks normal to me. Last freeze is traditionally April 15 here, and last frost May 15.

/ Another 'well below' normal period coming. #5  
   / Another 'well below' normal period coming. #6  
Long as there rain with forecast...getting dry here already.

/ Another 'well below' normal period coming. #7  
I been whining about the miserable weather in NC for over 1 year. 2 of last 3 years, way way too much rain.

Seems we are back to normal, old normal! Going on 10 days without a flood!

Bonny bonny time of year, 60-70, Simpsons sky, no humidity, little breeze and the days are getting longer!

/ Another 'well below' normal period coming. #8  
We're finally having what I consider a "normal" spring after 3 or 4 years of what the …? Our redbuds and dogwoods are absolutely fantastic this year. We seem to be having the proper amounts of rainfall at the proper intervals and temps are only ever so slightly higher than the old normal. This week we're back to normal temps, 60 highs and 40 lows.

Just bought tomato plants yesterday but will not put them in the ground for another 2 weeks minimum - I've seen a dusting of snow here on April 21 before. I can remember 30 years ago we'd plant tomatoes the end of the 1st week in April without problems.

/ Another 'well below' normal period coming.
Our redbuds and dogwoods are absolutely fantastic this year.
Mine have the tendency to bloom the day (or two) before a big wind event. No different this year. Majority of blooms were blown off shortly after they opened.

/ Another 'well below' normal period coming. #10  
Long as there rain with forecast...getting dry here already.
Yeah, dry here in the north country too. We had very little snowfall this year, most of that was gone by late March and only one rainstorm since.
Lots of dry wells here last summer...ours didn't, but it was pretty low. I'm already making sure all the rain barrels are full, might do a couple extras this year.
Just bought tomato plants yesterday but will not put them in the ground for another 2 weeks minimum - I've seen a dusting of snow here on April 21 before. I can remember 30 years ago we'd plant tomatoes the end of the 1st week in April without problems.
We can get a frost anytime right thru May. Peas, spinach, lettuce, etc. can go in mid-May but plants that aren't frost-tolerant like tomatoes, peppers, squash, etc. it's better to wait 'til the first week in June.