Answer me this...

two_bit_score

Texas - from the brush and pear to the piney woods
Tractor
John Deere 110 TLB, Diamond C 19LPX GN trailer
I get the prime cuts at HEB and let them come up to room temp. A little EVOO and a hot broiler or grill. Little salt and pepper after taking the off the heat.

I don’t do sauces on good steak. If I have to use a sauce on meat it will be the Salt Lick BBQ sauce. You can drench anything with that sauce and make it better.

Molalla1

Elite Member
Tractor
Mahindra, JD, MF, CAT
Many years ago, I found a strange plant growing in our back yard; looked like a turnip, so I pulled. It looked like a white carrot, but smelled like a turnip, so I decided to sample it. I went to the hydrant, washed it off, smelled of it and took a big ol' bite. It nearly blew the top of my head off! My eyes watered, my nose ran, and it about took my breath away. Turns out, it was horseradish, that came up from birdseed my Mom had dumped back there. I do like it in cocktail sauce.

As for steak, I have always been a purist, but over the years, I have come to use a bit of Montreal steak seasoning and real butter. Prepare it a hour or two ahead of time, let it sit at room temp, cook it on the charcoal grill.

Does anyone put catsup on their fried okra? Not me!
Catsup on fried okra . . . yuck.

Peace

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ferguson TO30
Speaking of steaks and mustard......
Here is a secret ingredient used by grill chefs in some of the highest rated steak houses...Dry Mustard...!
Used judiciously you won't even know it on a steak...The steak will just be that much more flavorful...it just brings out the natural beef flavor...!
OK, picked up some ‘dry mustard’ from Albertsons yesterday. I will add some to my custom steak rub and we'll see how it turns out. Love to experiment with BBQ. I cook everything over open flame with mesquite wood. I’ve also tried apple, cherry and oak.

Can’t do it today as the wife is cooking up some green Chile and pork stew for Sunday dinner. This should cause the same reaction as horse radish: sweat, red face, cleared sinus, but with much better taste. :)

/pine

Super Star Member
Who puts anything but salt on fried okra ??

To sample what dry mustard does to a steak...take two steaks from the same cut and don't put anything but salt and pepper on one and the same with just dry mustard on the other...no other rubs etc...cook the same and do a taste test...

Peace

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ferguson TO30
Who puts anything but salt on fried okra ??

To sample what dry mustard does to a steak...take two steaks from the same cut and don't put anything but salt and pepper on one and the same with just dry mustard on the other...no other rubs etc...cook the same and do a taste test...
This is the brand I chose.

Attachments

• B07AC7CB-B2FA-41B1-9F49-6AFACBDAF782.jpeg
    B07AC7CB-B2FA-41B1-9F49-6AFACBDAF782.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 24

/pine

Super Star Member
This is the brand I chose.

That's good...

You don't have to use steak...gets some ground round, sirloin or even chuck and make some sliders etc...try it on some of them and do a taste test...

It's not a miracle spice...it just brings out the natural flavor of beef...!

most "steak sauces" and a lot of rubs overpower the natural flavor of meat...there are a few exceptions if used judiciously...like Béarnaise etc....

two_bit_score

Texas - from the brush and pear to the piney woods
Tractor
John Deere 110 TLB, Diamond C 19LPX GN trailer
Tried out a new restaurant the other day and had an array of salt to pick from. Pink, gray, white , some dark color not sure. Several others.

The name as Coastal Salt Traders. Very good gumbo and delicious salmon.

goeduck

Tractor
Kubota, Massey, Iseki
Many years ago, I found a strange plant growing in our back yard; looked like a turnip, so I pulled. It looked like a white carrot, but smelled like a turnip, so I decided to sample it. I went to the hydrant, washed it off, smelled of it and took a big ol' bite
Man finds strange plant growing in the backyard..... Man takes a big ol' bite....Who does that? Oh, sorry, you do. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

AchingBack

Elite Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2615HST
Grilled tofu slices on buttered sourdough bread with mustard, sauerkraut, and bread and butter pickles. Bet I'm the only one in the world eating such a gourmet delight.

kenmbz

Elite Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson GC1720/Simplicity Regents/Echo CS-490/CS-620
Sauerkraut cooked with caraway and apples..

Peace

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ferguson TO30
Vienna sausage and sauerkraut. Right up there with sardines in mustard on saltine crackers.
I haven’t had sardines on crackers since I was a child. I remember my favorite part was inserting the key into the can and rolling it open. Never even thought of Vienna sausage with sauerkraut, but it does sound like a possibility for a lunch snack.
My wife and I recently had fresh home made sauerkraut at Cafe Berlin. It was a treat.

Last edited:

Cat_Driver

Veteran Member
Tractor
2016 Kubota 4060, 2017 Tackeuchi excavator TB260
Here's a quick story about "sub's "Hoagies" "grinders" "po boys"
I went to a local Deli and I was standing behind a guy that spoke no English from south of the border. He was communicating just fine with the girl making the sandwich as she was of the same nationality. He ordered his sub and the girl piled high all his ingredients, so much in fact that the sandwich would not fit in the sleeve bag it was designed for, so she rolled it in paper and handing it to him. By my eye's that thing weighed five pounds or more. When it came to my turn of course I said "I'll have the same thing as that guy". My sandwich by my eyes looked like a half-pound at most and dropped nicely into the sleeve bad it was designed for with room to spare.

Peace

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ferguson TO30
That is a sad story... whenever I read a post like this, it always makes me wonder, ‘if a cow laughs out loud, will milk come out of her nose?’ :unsure: J/K;) I do understand how you feel as a sub sandwich is not cheap. Sometimes it’s about who you know. ( and if they like you)

Torvy

Veteran Member
Tractor
Looking to purchase a Compact Tractor in 30-50 HP range.
That is a sad story... whenever I read a post like this, it always makes me wonder, ‘if a cow laughs out loud, will milk come out of her nose?’ :unsure: J/K;) I do understand how you feel as a sub sandwich is not cheap. Sometimes it’s about who you know. ( and if they like you)
Truth. I once worked at one of those places with lots of employees and an in-house cafeteria. One day they got a new guy dishing out food. We were not even of the same race, but our names were very similar. From then on, my portions were always a little bigger than others. Now I need to find that dirty rat. I blame him for my extra pounds. ;)

goeduck

Tractor
Kubota, Massey, Iseki
I ordinarily stay away from bacon due to how much fat is on it, but I could not pass up this shoulder bacon today at the store. BLT time for me.

DFB06D08-AEC3-4409-BAE3-4902F5E9B94F.jpeg

buckeyefarmer

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota L3940 L5030 MF205-4
I bow before the bacon king 🥓

k0ua

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kioti DK35se Hydrostat
Dang, you are makin me hungry.

goeduck

Tractor
Kubota, Massey, Iseki
Two more BLTs for dinner...... BURP! :p

g'night.... :sleep::sleep::sleep:

goeduck

Tractor
Kubota, Massey, Iseki
Getting back to the original question though...
Did you add Mayonaise?
Oh yes, it would not be a BLT without it. I don't care for cool whip, not sure what everyone else uses.

k0ua

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kioti DK35se Hydrostat
Oh yes, it would not be a BLT without it. I don't care for cool whip, not sure what everyone else uses.
Bet you meant to say miracle whip. Cool whip goes on your Jello. But I prefer whip cream every time

A BLT without mayo is like a day without sunshine.

Cougsfan

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ferguson TO35, Branson 4720CH
Cancer is a big business in the medical profession from start to finish, and holistic medicine along with eating the right foods has no market share in the conventional medical community regulated by the AMA and FDA. Drugs is where it's at because it's big money.

See, when the OP derails a thread, it's ok 😁
You are right, there is a lot of true benefits to holisitic medicine that get tends to get ignored by modern medicine. Unfortunately that is partially due to the large number of quacks involved in holistic medicine. They have no way to police themselves and purge the quacks. (Probably you can find one that will try to tell you mayonnaise is an aphrodisiac.)

kenmbz

Elite Member
Tractor
You can get mayonnaise anywhere in Europe. Very popular in Belgium/Netherlands with fries and artichokes.

goeduck

Tractor
Kubota, Massey, Iseki
Had to laugh at the cool whip.

I've switched from mayo to mayoracha. Nice kick.
Mayoracha, that is a new one to me, I need to get out more. I might just "whip" some Sriracha and cayenne into my Mayo next time.

kenmbz

Elite Member
Tractor
What are modified egg yolks in the Mayoracha? How do you modify egg yolks? :eek:
Might try to make my own with Mayo and Sriracha sauce to try, but I'm not a big mayonnaise fan.

goeduck

Tractor
Kubota, Massey, Iseki
What are modified egg yolks in the Mayoracha? How do you modify egg yolks? :eek:
Might try to make my own with Mayo and Sriracha sauce to try, but I'm not a big mayonnaise fan.
I had to look up Enzyme modified egg yolks

OP
Sigarms

Sigarms

Tractor
F3080
You are right, there is a lot of true benefits to holisitic medicine that get tends to get ignored by modern medicine. Unfortunately that is partially due to the large number of quacks involved in holistic medicine. They have no way to police themselves and purge the quacks. (Probably you can find one that will try to tell you mayonnaise is an aphrodisiac.)
I wouldn't hold the AMA to higher standards due to numerous reasons ;)

MossRoad

Old Timer
Tractor
Power Trac PT425 2001 Model Year
I do not know what modified egg yolks are, but they are apparently delicious.

goeduck

Tractor
Kubota, Massey, Iseki
I added siracha and a dash of cayenne to my mayo but I got it a bit too hot for a BLT. Interesting flavor though.

/pine

Super Star Member
Seems to me that any time a sauce or condiment etc. that has a predominate flavor everything you put it on will have that flavor...

Even a little too much mustard can cover up the flavor of good Swiss cheese...

OK here's a question...Fried egg sammy...mayo or butter ?

Molalla1

Elite Member
Tractor
Mahindra, JD, MF, CAT
Seems to me that any time a sauce or condiment etc. that has a predominate flavor everything you put it on will have that flavor...

My answer to your ? would be to give it to my dog . . . plain . . . I hate eggs :D.

Ford850

Tractor
Case DX55, Ford 850

Fry the egg in butter, and add a slice of cheese and a few dashes of Tabasco. Breakfast lunch or supper, it's the perfect meal.

fried1765

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, 8N Ford, Gravely 12 HP "Professional", 48" SCAG Liberty
Yep, the wife has the shellfish allergy, and it has become more deadly over the years. I haven't been to a red lobster in decades, even if she orders something she can eat it will be contaminated. i really like lobster. She really likes peanut butter... Ain't we a pair.
Look at it this way: She is cheap to feed!

goeduck

Tractor
Kubota, Massey, Iseki
Fry the egg in butter, and add a slice of cheese and a few dashes of Tabasco. Breakfast lunch or supper, it's the perfect meal.
That reminds me I have some eggs in the fridge getting old and I have not eaten breakfast yet.

goeduck

Tractor
Kubota, Massey, Iseki
I was in the grocery store yesterday and I didn't find mayorchacha