Answer me this...

/ Answer me this...
Ha! That was Wendy’s!

MoKelly
without looking it up, believe it was actually Clara😁 (got to admit, it was a great commercial).

I never touched a grill until I hit my mid 50's, but after me and my wife decided to break down and buy a cheap charcoal grill (under $300), and we may end end buying something better down the road. Local cow from my friend. My sons even say my burgers are tasting better with more experience on my end trying different things out with the timing and temp.

Please note, the burger below was actually on my plate and not a "ad picture" LMAO

Also note, when having steak, I don't use steak sauce LOL

B.png

Last edited:
   / Answer me this... #72  
without looking it up, believe it was actually Clara (got to admit, it was a great commercial).

I never touched a grill until I hit my mid 50's, but after me and my wife decided to break down and buy a cheap charcoal grill (under $300), and we may end end buying something better down the road. Local cow from my friend. My sons even say my burgers are tasting better with more experience on my end trying different things out with the timing and temp.

Please note, the burger below was actually on my plate and not a "ad picture" LMAO

View attachment 710113

I think you are right - Clara was the little old lady yelling “where’s the beef”!

Good commercial.

MoKelly

/ Answer me this... #73  
I think you are right - Clara was the little old lady yelling “where’s the beef”!

Good commercial.

MoKelly
She got canned from Wendy's because she appeared in a spaghetti sauce commercial ad, saying "I found it!".

(I knew that it was a Wendy's commercial when I said it... probably why I didn't get as much as a "Sorry about the mixup" when I returned to BK that day.)

/ Answer me this... #74  
A1 Steak sauce on the side in a puddle for dipping your steak or hamburger in is also great. But I am the only one in my house that likes it.

/ Answer me this... #75  
A1 Steak sauce on the side in a puddle for dipping your steak or hamburger in is also great. But I am the only one in my house that likes it.
I dislike A1 as a condiment but I do use it as an ingredient in several of my recipes.

/ Answer me this... #77  
Way I see it, if a steak is good and prepared correctly, it doesn't need any condiments to make it taste any better ;)
My thought exactly. I once went into a popular steak house and everything on the menu was gooped up some type of sauce. To me this is a bad sign. A good steak should not need it.

/ Answer me this... #79  
My wife likes A1. I like Heinz 57. They also make a spicy 57. Sometimes I use those.

However, many times, I'll salt, pepper and worcestershire sauce them for a couple hours before grilling. Then they don't need any sauce at all.

/ Answer me this... #80  
What is hamburger, chopped ham? NO, it's chopped STEAK!!!!

I agree with those who say that a properly prepared steak doesn't need any condiments. I don't eat a lot of beef, so when I feel the need for a grilled steak it'd better be a good one. A little black pepper and maybe a dab of diary butter is all that I add.
I also like a slice of bread or mashed potatoes to soak up all of that nice juice... :p