Answer me this...

/ Answer me this... #1  

Sigarms

Tractor
F3080
Does mayo belong on a italian hoagie?

I'm just not certain if I've been in NC too long, but I NEVER put mayo on a italian sub.

My wife went out for fast food while I was sanding some trim, and I texted her no mayo just to make certain.

What comes on the hoagie? Fricken mayo.

I get people can whatever they want on a sandwhich, but on a spicey italian hoagie, is mayo normal around the country?

I mean provolone cheese with oil an vinegar, pepper yes, but mayo?

Heck, I call my wife a communist for putting mayo on her hamburgers LOL

/ Answer me this... #4  
Lol. Having the same problem up here. Haven’t found a good Italian sub in 10 years. Boiled ham, American cheese seems to be the norm now. It’s a lost art I guess. Tried a new place last year and they came with Mayo. Specified vinegar and oil.

/ Answer me this... #5  
Mayo is a BIG faux pas on a Italian hoagie.
I like a little mayo on a turkey hoagie or Sammy

Last edited:
   / Answer me this... #6  
Subway's BMT used to be a pretty decent Italian type sandwich but Subway ain't what they used to be and I've heard much of their meat is turkey based...?

/ Answer me this... #8  
Sandwiches are always better when you make them yourself.
I don't eat them anymore because of the carbs, but I still can build them. Mayo has its uses, but not Italian.

/ Answer me this... #9  
I am of the firm belief that mayonnaise does not belong on anything.

In fact I have shirt that says "f**k off with yiur mayonnaise."

/ Answer me this... #10  
OK, well I like mayo on many things. BUT if we are going down pet peeve mode, well here is mine, PICKLES DO NOT BELONG ON HAMBURGERS. Period. And when you say "no pickles, no onions please" at ANY drive thru, what do you get? Pickles for sure. A standard hamburger at any fast food joint in America puts pickles on hamburgers.

It is just the way it is. And there isn't a "durn" thing you can do about it but pick the stinking things off yourself getting ketchup and mustard on your fingers. AND beside that the stink and taste of the pickle juice will still be on your hamburger. Yes Sir you can have your fricken hamburger any way you want it as long as it has pickles on it.

Yes I know I am the ONE person in the USA that does NOT like pickles. And that makes me very special.

Now, sure am glad I got that off my chest.

Sign me "no fricken" pickles in Branson. :)