Mine

Attachments

• 900758-ved1.jpg
    900758-ved1.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 429
   / Any better?
Mine

/ Any better? #5  
OK, you guys are obsessive compulsive. My woodpile looks OK, but not so a drill sergeant would approve, and it's mostly chainsaw and log splitter processed.
I've a good family friend (took his daughter for awhile as an exchange student, so she could work on her english accent and check out our way of life) in Heidelberg. He has, as a country residence, a 17th century "hut" in a protected forest. It is pristine - I mean it still has the smoke encrustations on the rafters from when warming fires were vented through a hole in the roof. Anyhow, this gentleman, who is in his 70's, takes pride in his woodpile. It is replenished yearly, by him, and is the sole source of heat for this place. ALL of the wood is hand cut and split by him. The stacks look like yours, i.e., precise.
Too much for me (dry hardwoods burn, with modest tar residue, that's all there is to it) - but I like his stories, and wine cellar, and have had some very compatible evenings.

/ Any better? #6  
OK, you guys are obsessive compulsive. My woodpile looks OK, but not so a drill sergeant would approve, and it's mostly chainsaw and log splitter processed.
I've a good family friend (took his daughter for awhile as an exchange student, so she could work on her english accent and check out our way of life) in Heidelberg. He has, as a country residence, a 17th century "hut" in a protected forest. It is pristine - I mean it still has the smoke encrustations on the rafters from when warming fires were vented through a hole in the roof. Anyhow, this gentleman, who is in his 70's, takes pride in his woodpile. It is replenished yearly, by him, and is the sole source of heat for this place. ALL of the wood is hand cut and split by him. The stacks look like yours, i.e., precise.
Too much for me (dry hardwoods burn, with modest tar residue, that's all there is to it) - but I like his stories, and wine cellar, and have had some very compatible evenings.

/ Any better? #7  
I bet that pile would pass the white glove test /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Any better? #8  
I bet that pile would pass the white glove test /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Any better? #9  
Dang Gunnar, you're right, that is one tidy woodpile. Stacking habits aside, looks like you all have some pretty straight trees in Norway too. Me? Heck, I'll cut 'n burn anything hardwood laying on my property. Forks, knots, knurls... don't even care if it's stackable, it's going in the woodstove! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Any better? #10  
Dang Gunnar, you're right, that is one tidy woodpile. Stacking habits aside, looks like you all have some pretty straight trees in Norway too. Me? Heck, I'll cut 'n burn anything hardwood laying on my property. Forks, knots, knurls... don't even care if it's stackable, it's going in the woodstove! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif