Any good long distance dealers out there?

/ Any good long distance dealers out there?
Yep, I called him. He is one of the guy putting a quote together for me...

/ Any good long distance dealers out there? #32  
Anyone hear anything bad about the tier IV engines? Should I try to find a r4047h somewhere in the country or just order a xr4046? They seem to be about the same except for the engine.
Thanks
John

Last edited:
   / Any good long distance dealers out there? #33  
Has any heard anything bad about the tier IV engines? Should I try to find a r4047h somewhere in the country or just order a xr4046? They seem to be about the same except for the engine.
Thanks
John

The tier 4 Shibaura in the XR4046 is a smaller engine than the R4047 runs. The XR4046 is also rated at slightly less PTO power. Not saying anything bad about the Shibaura, I think they're fine ... But the Mitsubishi diesel in the R4047 was a real good engine.

But, the XR4046, being the updated model , does have a few changes, like a better fuel tank location, and a more "integrated" loader joystick than was previous.

/ Any good long distance dealers out there? #34  
I was looking at the Mitsubishi web site the other day, and low and behold they list a tier 4 47HP engine like the one in the R4047. I really don't know what that means as far as LS goes but it sure seems funny to me.

Sorry it was a 46.4 HP (S4Q2-Y365DP,DPA,DPB) tier 4 engine.

http://www.mitsubishi-engine.com/documents/brochures/SmallIndustrial/SQ-Series_Brochure.pdf

Now I assume that I found the right engine but you all know about an assumption!

/ Any good long distance dealers out there? #35  
Anyone hear anything bad about the tier IV engines? Should I try to find a r4047h somewhere in the country or just order a xr4046? They seem to be about the same except for the engine.
Thanks
John

For what it is worth, here is my take on tier IV.

I'm happy I've got a tier 3. Having said that, if I were shopping now, I would buy a tier IV if it was in a tractor that met my needs and wants and budget.

Tier IV has been around several years now in over the road equipment. I think they probably have it figured out. The only concern I have is many compact tractor owners operate their tractors for short periods. Not sure how that would work with the regeneration cycle.

Well, I have a "sort of" update...

I might be picking up a gently used 4047H in a private sale. Numbers are being run, and we will see what happens.

Wish me luck :)

UPDATE!!!

GmanBart is now "tractorless." However, his former baby now has a good home in my garage :D

I am now the proud owner of a mint, 200hr, 1.5 year old, R4047H. I would like to thank the Gman for his patience, the AWESOME deal, and the delivery of my new baby. I have already picked up some downed branches from the dead ash trees scattered throughout my property. Also, I have given my girls some rides (seat belt on), discovered the use of the diff lock and how to engage the four wheel drive when I decided to go through some mud...

I am having a BLAST!!! And my wife thinks I got this thing to do "work" around the farm :rotfl:

Again, major props to the Gman. One awesome guy!

Steve Y.

20140702_130549.jpg

20140702_130538.jpg