Any good Movie download sites

/ Any good Movie download sites #31  
Its is the distributors fault, if there is pirating. A thing I thought was brilliant with the "Orville" Sci-fi series, was if you waited long enough, they put the series on line for free with ads. I of course, could have downloaded the episodes off a Torrent site. But you know... you can do things the right way, by just waiting, till the episode was on their site to stream with ads.
I'm not sure I blame the distributors...streaming service subscriptions are a steady source of income. I have to wonder what the "free" streaming providers get per ad, I'd guess not much considering what ads you see...the same half dozen again and again and again...those obnoxious Carvana ads (given that they're on the brink of bankruptcy they can't be paying much), the usual assortment of insurance companies and the occasional political ad. Personally, there's nothing so "must see" that I'd pay a subscription but others may feel differently.
I have no idea what a torrent is, other than an apparently illegal d/l site.

/ Any good Movie download sites #32  
I'm not sure I blame the distributors...streaming service subscriptions are a steady source of income. I have to wonder what the "free" streaming providers get per ad, I'd guess not much considering what ads you see...the same half dozen again and again and again...those obnoxious Carvana ads (given that they're on the brink of bankruptcy they can't be paying much), the usual assortment of insurance companies and the occasional political ad. Personally, there's nothing so "must see" that I'd pay a subscription but others may feel differently.
I have no idea what a torrent is, other than an apparently illegal d/l site.
It’s a file sharing tool. It’s not illegal. What you do or don’t do with it may or may not be legal, however. If you have rights to the files, no problem. If you’re using it to send or receive illegally obtained files, that is the crime, not using the torrent itself.

Kinda like a pickup truck. Full of groceries you paid for = OK. Full of groceries you stole = not OK. Full of groceries somebody else stole = still not OK, because anyone in their right mind knows they are stolen groceries.

Make sense?

/ Any good Movie download sites #33  
It’s a file sharing tool. It’s not illegal. What you do or don’t do with it may or may not be legal, however. If you have rights to the files, no problem. If you’re using it to send or receive illegally obtained files, that is the crime, not using the torrent itself.

Kinda like a pickup truck. Full of groceries you paid for = OK. Full of groceries you stole = not OK. Full of groceries somebody else stole = still not OK, because anyone in their right mind knows they are stolen groceries.

Make sense?
Whose truck? :)

/ Any good Movie download sites
With netflix, disney, and all the other various streaming services.....not much use pirating anymore.

The one thing that still chaps my @$$ though are the series shows on free OTA TV yet they wont let you watch them free online. Like shows on CBS or NBC, etc. They AIR for FREE if you have an antenna. Yet if you want to watch them online you cant unless you sign in with a PAID provider like Direct TV, Dish, etc. And STILL have to watch the commercials......

/ Any good Movie download sites #35  
Quite a few older movies downloadable on YouTube

This isn't a movie, but it's a very emotional video of a true hero

Last edited:
   / Any good Movie download sites #36  
I am often surprised what I can find on You Tube. There was a little known movie called "Boom," an adapation of "The Milk Train Does't Stop here Anymore" written by Tennessee Williams and starting Richard Burton and Liz Taylor. Tried for years to rent it or buy it, but it was never available. I had even read that the original film had been lost to fire before it could be transferred to tape. Every year I would do a search of all the places I could think of on the internet. Then one year it showed up buried deep in You Tube. :)

/ Any good Movie download sites #38  
The one thing that still chaps my @$$ though are the series shows on free OTA TV yet they wont let you watch them free online. Like shows on CBS or NBC, etc. They AIR for FREE if you have an antenna. Yet if you want to watch them online you cant unless you sign in with a PAID provider like Direct TV, Dish, etc. And STILL have to watch the commercials......
What's worse is that these network-run stream sites charge to access their sites, yet still have commercials, or at least Paramount + does.

Make sense?
Kinda, I'd heard the term used, but didn't really know what it was.
Where are the files that you'd download stored? Is it a peer-to-peer setup between your computer and the person offering the files, or is there some intermediate server somewhere?

/ Any good Movie download sites #39  
That would be more like usenet, one to one file sharing, I believe.
Bit torrent uses lots of different people in swarms, and you get a little bit of the whole file from a lot of different users at the same time, while simultaneously sending completed data back into the swarm for people who don't have it yet.

/ Any good Movie download sites #40  
Last edited: