Ballast Any idea what this tire filling is?

/ Any idea what this tire filling is? #11  
When I got the latest Tractor, I had the rear tires filled with heat was called Beet Juice.

I have no idea what they were actually filled with but I know it a little thicker than water, and it is sticky, so I don't think it is water.

I talked to a tire repair shop locally, they said all they use is water, no help there.

So I guess the thing to ask is what is the most common fluid used to fill tires ?

/ Any idea what this tire filling is? #13  
I drained a small sample out of my M59 tires. It didn稚 have much taste. Kinda nasty like a rubber tire. It kinda smelled like alcohol but I couldn稚 light it with a lighter. It痴 not sticky either. It痴 thicker than water too. Maybe like very thin paint.

That certainly looks like it is RV antifreeze.
Most likely it is....... old diluted RV antifreeze.

/ Any idea what this tire filling is? #14  
I would agree. Old propylene glycol that has discolored naturally from contact with rubber and rust.

/ Any idea what this tire filling is? #15  
Doesn't anti-freeze have a "sweet" taste?

On the "If it quacks like a duck" front....

You could use an anti-freeze tester to see if it has the same specific gravity as......anti-freeze.
You could put it in your freezer and see if/when it freezes.
Anti.jpg

BTW, why do you want to know what exactly it is? Just general curiosity or trying to do something?

/ Any idea what this tire filling is? #16  
I don't believe propylene glycol taste's sweet. Ethylene glycol (traditional antifreeze for radiators) does have a sweet taste and is highly toxic to humans and other animals.

/ Any idea what this tire filling is?

You could use an anti-freeze tester to see if it has the same specific gravity as......anti-freeze.
View attachment 632962

BTW, why do you want to know what exactly it is? Just general curiosity or trying to do something?

Just a curiosity. And newer automotive antifreeze is far from sweet. It’s so bad that you can taste it on your fingers eating even after washing them. And it’s slimy and sticky. This could be the RV antifreeze but its certainly not automotive antifreeze.

/ Any idea what this tire filling is? #18  
If you worked in an automative environment you knew what antifreeze smelled like, no need to taste it.
Even the exhaust you could smell it IF there was a problem.

What does Antifreeze do to the rubber in tires ?
I know from years back, you don't want to get it on the Asphalt; it would break down the binders.

My Tires stated to leak around the rim, started worrying about the rim rusting in the tire area. Tried to add a little more air, thinking it needed more pressure against the tire but the tire would take more air... ! Drove on it for a while, using the BH Stablizer took the weight off it and tapped the tire around the rim with a soft mallet.
Seems to have stopped leaking but wonder why it started leaking at all.

The tires were filled about three years ago, don't know the maintenance needed, all has been well until now but it does seem to have stopped leaking so my fingers are crosses.

/ Any idea what this tire filling is? #19  

View attachment 632962

I went through this a couple years ago with my tractor. I can't smell and hence can't taste worth a crap. I think it was just water. I live near the AL/TN border, so don't need a lot of freeze protection.

I fixed it by draining the water and then injectiong 5 gallons of RV antifreeze with the rest water. I got the RV antifreeze at Walmart in the spring, which means it was on sale for $1-2/gallon. Cheap insurance.

/ Any idea what this tire filling is? #20  
If you worked in an automative environment you knew what antifreeze smelled like, no need to taste it.
Even the exhaust you could smell it IF there was a problem.

What does Antifreeze do to the rubber in tires ?
I know from years back, you don't want to get it on the Asphalt; it would break down the binders.

My Tires stated to leak around the rim, started worrying about the rim rusting in the tire area. Tried to add a little more air, thinking it needed more pressure against the tire but the tire would take more air... ! Drove on it for a while, using the BH Stablizer took the weight off it and tapped the tire around the rim with a soft mallet.
Seems to have stopped leaking but wonder why it started leaking at all.

The tires were filled about three years ago, don't know the maintenance needed, all has been well until now but it does seem to have stopped leaking so my fingers are crosses.

Some people can't smell. Mine could have been filled with skunk piss and I wouldn't know if it I took a bath in it.

Of course, if it was and I did, I'd be writing this from the morgue 'cause my wife would kill me if I walked into the house smelling like skunk piss......