Any pricing yet on the new E tractors?

/ Any pricing yet on the new E tractors? #41  
   / Any pricing yet on the new E tractors? #43  
Paystar
I am not real familiar with mine haul trucks but I suspect they use full power at reduced speed when climbing out of the mine and far less power when going back into mine unloaded.

Large farm tractors doing field work require close to full power for extended periods of time like 12 plus hours before refuel is required With little break in power demand. Not sure how hybrid would work in this environment.
I just saw Kuhn unveiled some machines at Agritechnica that use a diesel engine with electric drive.

/ Any pricing yet on the new E tractors?
I just saw Kuhn unveiled some machines at Agritechnica that use a diesel engine with electric drive.
Don’t locomotives do this too? Diesel/electric locomotives are 4x as efficient at moving freight as a diesel semi.

/ Any pricing yet on the new E tractors? #45  
Electric drive has some distinct advantages like a simplified powertrain and electric motors produce maximum power at stall, unlike a convention internal combustion engine and I bet the Kuhn tractors have the diesel engines pre set at maximum torque output all the time they are required with no operator input from the operator as well.

I also bet I cannot afford one either. Was just up in NW Michigan hunting and on the way back, stopped at the Fendt dealer in Ionia and was looking at the them. Another unit I cannot afford to even think about buying. They are nice and even come with a Cat 3 3 point on the front as well as out back (like the JCB Fasttrak's are). I'd have to be super serious and flush to buy one or even lease one, however and I'm neither.

/ Any pricing yet on the new E tractors? #46  
Don’t locomotives do this too? Diesel/electric locomotives are 4x as efficient at moving freight as a diesel semi.
More efficient because they move exponentially more tonnage. Problem is, the final delivery of most everything moved by rail has to be delivered by truck because very few retailers have a siding and or the facilities to off load a rail car. That falls under heavy industry 100%.

Last time I looked, I didn't see any rail service to my local Wallyworld....

And, even the rail is succumbing to the T4 hoopla. Diesel electric locomotives are becoming alternate fueled today as in hydrogen for instance and / or multiple engine - alternators that can be switched on and off according to imposed load and all late model locomotives now have exhaust scrubbing hardware like the lakes boats and ocean going boats have.

/ Any pricing yet on the new E tractors?
I’m not saying that rail can do it all. I’m simply stating that diesel/electric is in use now, and has proven to be very efficient at doing work. It’s not really an argument for rail, it’s an argument for diesel/electric powertrains

/ Any pricing yet on the new E tractors? #48  
They cannot and never will be able and why most rail carriers are also partnered with intermodal on road carriers. Rail is a very diverse business today. In fact my wife and I have been considering buying a few rail cars to lease out. Nice source of income and the rail companies maintain them too.

/ Any pricing yet on the new E tractors? #49  
Ya Mr choo choo has some pretty big diesels powering the
electric drives. The pistons are huge and the diesel they
burn will not work in a diesel car/truck its too thick and they
carry 4000 gals and some have over 4000 hp

willy

/ Any pricing yet on the new E tractors? #50  
There is one tractor electric price starts at $88k + makes ya wanna
whip out there and get yer self one? :ROFLMAO:

willy