Anybody know about International Pay Loaders?

/ Anybody know about International Pay Loaders? #51  
Another suggestion would be to fully flush all of the old brake fluid out before putting on your newly rebuilt calipers. It'll cost you a little extra in fluid, but better than potentially filling the rebuilt calipers with gunk from the old (potentially) roached brake lines.

/ Anybody know about International Pay Loaders? #52  
Good looking loader Eric!

Yes- the object on the curl cylinder is a bucket return to dig / leveling device. Older versions would actually pulling on the curl lever and you could feel it in your hands.

Our 65 is much older so those disk brakes look modern to me! From my experience, weak brakes always seemed to be air related, and no brakes were hydraulic.

On our 65, there is a large double cardan joint at the pivot of the machine. It provides power to the front axle. We were always careful to keep it well greased, as other Hough owners that we knew have had this joint fail due to lack of maintenance. When it fails, it takes out the hydraulic lines directly above it and you can imagine the mess that makes.

Sounds like you are making good progress!

/ Anybody know about International Pay Loaders?
AGREED!!!
No cinder blocks!!!

I just called my buddy who owns a local sawmill to make me cribbing since nobody was selling cribbing on FB's marketplace or craigslist.

Another suggestion would be to fully flush all of the old brake fluid out before putting on your newly rebuilt calipers. It'll cost you a little extra in fluid, but better than potentially filling the rebuilt calipers with gunk from the old (potentially) roached brake lines.

I'm awaiting parts, but when they come in, I'm going to try to fix all known air leaks or lack of function (air horn valve) and then check the master cylinders for fluid and attempt to exercise the brakes and bleed the brake to see if the brake system wakes up. If I don't have any pressure come out at the calipers, then I will confirm that my two treddle valves (the brake pedal valves) are working, and if they are I will remove the brake power clusters and bring them to my local Fleet Pride since my local Fleet Pride believes they may be able to come up with an equivalent part. If my local Fleet Pride can't find something that will work, I'll call my two sources who say they can rebuild the power clusters.

The tip I think I've learned from my air horn valve quest is that my local truck jobber has a seriously cross-referenced data-base.

A tour of the problems my Hough H-80B Pay Loader has and my plan to move forward and address those issues and problems. Any tips and suggestions are welcome!

Still waiting for parts, but that isn't slowing us down!

Still waiting for air brake parts but I'm plugging along.

Getting into the brakes is about to get expensive.

/ Anybody know about International Pay Loaders? #59  
Look at some of the places that sell surplus military vehicle parts. This is an example: Red River Parts & Equipment Co

92 County Rd 2103 E, Hooks, TX 75561
(903) 547-2226

Red River Parts & Equipment Co - Google Search

If you reference a national stock number NSN, it will be easier. The manual number is TM 10-3930-643-10 for the operator, - 20 for unit maintenance - 24P for parts manual. Most are available free on the net and if you need help deciphering them, send me a PM.

Look at some of the places that sell surplus military vehicle parts. This is an example: Red River Parts & Equipment Co

92 County Rd 2103 E, Hooks, TX 75561
(903) 547-2226

Red River Parts & Equipment Co - Google Search

If you reference a national stock number NSN, it will be easier. The manual number is TM 10-3930-643-10 for the operator, - 20 for unit maintenance - 24P for parts manual. Most are available free on the net and if you need help deciphering them, send me a PM.

This sounds interesting! At the very least maybe these guys could help me locate some car/cargo container forks. I downloaded all three books from Free Military Army Manuals!. While it looks like they are for the Dresser 530, not the Hough H80-B, there is plenty of stuff that is identical to my machine that my parts book doesn't cover and it gives me alternative parts numbers to look for. This to say, thanks!

Last edited: