Anybody pour a retaining wall in vertical sections?

/ Anybody pour a retaining wall in vertical sections? #21  
Around here a pumper truck is $500-1000 for full height foundation walls (half a day or more). Barely a blip on the radar relative to the total costs of the concrete work. I've seen HUGE pumpers doing bridge and commercial projects with enormous reach, so they also exist, though undoubtedly more expensive. I would look into pumper costs before getting into the more challenging or wild ideas.

/ Anybody pour a retaining wall in vertical sections? #22  
I like the look of the large concrete block walls. In the next year or two I will be having some walls built. Max height is probably 5 feet or so. Good and timely thread. :thumbsup:

/ Anybody pour a retaining wall in vertical sections? #23  
S
I like the look of the large concrete block walls. In the next year or two I will be having some walls built. Max height is probably 5 feet or so. Good and timely thread. :thumbsup:
Precast Block walls are usually good for 4’ with no modifications or special design.

/ Anybody pour a retaining wall in vertical sections? #24  
If you're trying to save a buck, I know Cranesville concrete here in Utica had "bunker blocks" about 4' long 3' high and 2' wide for about $65 each that could be carried and set into place, if your loader is big enough. They have locations all over the state.

In the 70's a friend in the concrete business in Florida, was removing a sidewalk and most of the squares broke at the joints. We loaded them on his equipment trailer, carted them to my place and set them on a carefully leveled bed of sand inside my garage , for a floor. They're still serving their purpose there today.
It might work out for you to build some forms by the road where you can pour them, then carry the slabs to your patio??? If you cover your base with geotextile which is quite cheap, you won't have to worry about weeds coming up through the cracks.
Just some thoughts.
Smiley

Last edited: