Anyone converted Tier4 Side Exhaust on 5K M series to a Vertical upright exhaust ?

/ Anyone converted Tier4 Side Exhaust on 5K M series to a Vertical upright exhaust ?
Well 7Gables, how did your JD chat go today ?

/ Anyone converted Tier4 Side Exhaust on 5K M series to a Vertical upright exhaust ? #22  
So I got a text from my salesman this mornin who I must say has been very good to work with that after some more research they've found in the parts needed it will take a horizontal heat exchanger (6,300.00) and with the labor end up bout 10,000.00. Glad I was sittin down . Evidently it doesn't bolt together in couple hours. So I'm starting to like the deluxe vertical . No way could I justify spending that much. Otta curiosity have you ever run it by your local jd dealer what it would cost to have yours converted to upright? Besides the labor you end up buying another heat exchanger that is off the charts expensive . Oh well not that much of biggie, it'll be fine. Thanks for your replies and interest BD

/ Anyone converted Tier4 Side Exhaust on 5K M series to a Vertical upright exhaust ?
Seven Gables,
I think I read where you’ll be using a snow blower.

Will this 5115M go slow enough in A1 gear for that application ?

These tractors with Tall tires are very high geared.

/ Anyone converted Tier4 Side Exhaust on 5K M series to a Vertical upright exhaust ? #24  
Yes in looking at the speed chart and with my conversion factor of 1.12 a1 will be 1.35 mph in reverse, and that's at 2200rpm which I very seldom run the engine that fast when snow blowing. Generally only about 1600rpm and with my 16spd ts115 I'm 90% of the time in 9th gear reverse with a ground speed of somewhere around 3mph . Usually the snow depth is 3-6" range when clients want it done. One feature my ts115 had with the power shift is I could use different fwd and reverse gears selected that it would auto go to each just by throwing the shuttle fwd or reverse, 9th gear reverse and 11th forward were my mainstay. This was extremely handy when pulling forward to line up for another swipe. With this jd looks like I'll be in the b range for most snow blowing , probably b4 forward and b1 or b2 reverse. Only time I ever use the bottom 4 gears is if I run into 2-3' deep snow. Is that side exhaust working out for you , not raising too much dust when your cleaning the barns?

I wanted this 5115M for the Creeper Gear Option which is over a $4k option & ONLY available with the 32spd trans.

Both my other E’s with 12spds are too fast at .7mph in A1 in really deep litter.

The side exhaust blows tons of dust off the walls into my face but it’s only the one pass on right wall.

It blows very little chicken feathers on the floor.

I am well pleased & ABSOLUTELY LOVE the 32spd trans + 16 different speeds in creeper gears.

It has any ground speed you could possibly need for any application :thumbsup: :D

I had seen a snow blowing vid on YouTube where the guy was showing the use of his needed creeper gear.

It wasn’t a JD tractor & idk how deep the snow was requiring slower than .7mph :confused:

Some type of vegetable farming out West also requires creeper gear speeds.

We’ve got off topic from side exhaust lol but it’s ok I like talking Green 5k series tractors :laughing:

/ Anyone converted Tier4 Side Exhaust on 5K M series to a Vertical upright exhaust ? #27  
So do I BD. Interested in the creeper gear issue. We have nothing to do on my place that requires anything lower than A range. I use it for boom mowing and my ditch bank cutter. I almost bought the 32 speed for the push button control but I just don't need it. I would have had to order it and didn't want to wait.

Most applications don’t require speeds below .7mph (1500eng rpm in A1)

The ABC 1234 12spd (or 24spd) in the E series is EXACTLY the same internal ratios as ABC 1234 in the M series 16spd with ABCD 1234.

You just get a higher road gear (faster ground speed) with the D range.

The 32spd is NO slower Ground Speed in A1 than a 16spd.

So creeper gear option is the only way to get slower than .7mph

I’m a farmer not a computer whiz lol hope this makes sense.

/ Anyone converted Tier4 Side Exhaust on 5K M series to a Vertical upright exhaust ? #29  
I'm familiar with the creeper gears. I've operated a few machines with them running ditch bank cutters. That's about the only application they may be useful on SC flat land farms. I do get the need for it in the chicken houses.

So I got a text from my salesman this mornin who I must say has been very good to work with ...

So SG, did you pull the trigger on the 5115M ?