Anyone else have an unusually large number of hummingbirds this year?

/ Anyone else have an unusually large number of hummingbirds this year? #751  
Morebirds makes this ant trap. Or just make one out of a lid, S hook though the lid and glue the hole closed.
C2A011FA-42F1-4095-A615-1A7B5E8D2862.png

/ Anyone else have an unusually large number of hummingbirds this year? #752  
Not a single HB since my last post. If it is because of Avian I fear I've lost a few generations of repeat customers. We have a ton of Cardinals, the young ones are starting to feed.

/ Anyone else have an unusually large number of hummingbirds this year? #753  
Thanks guys, those were great suggestions!
I'll try them all. These are tiny ants and they end up inside the tube.
Hummers don't like them and will avoid the feeder.

/ Anyone else have an unusually large number of hummingbirds this year? #754  
If you use a tall enough lid, you will not need to add water to offset evaporation very often

/ Anyone else have an unusually large number of hummingbirds this year? #756  
The only clue I have on new birds is that when they initially get here, they do not know my feeders have roosts. They hover while drinking until they realize they can sit and have a drink.
Funny you should mention that. I don't think I'd ever seen one perch on a feeder, only hover before just now. Looked out the window just now and saw one perched on it eating.

/ Anyone else have an unusually large number of hummingbirds this year? #757  
We have two, and one stood on the perch for a bit.
We always seem to have 2-3, but who knows?

/ Anyone else have an unusually large number of hummingbirds this year?
We have only a few birds so far this year when we should have more. I'm a little concerned.

/ Anyone else have an unusually large number of hummingbirds this year? #759  
We have only a few birds so far this year when we should have more. I'm a little concerned.
I think bird flu is going to make it a tough year for a lot of wild birds.

/ Anyone else have an unusually large number of hummingbirds this year? #760  
We spend a bit of time in the woods each day and have note any dead birds. I just got in from inspecting a trail.