Anyone else have stealth prop planes around their property?

/ Anyone else have stealth prop planes around their property? #1  

drssg

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M5700, BX2350
I have had a reoccurring scenario at my place. It's not a regular occurrence, but I have noticed it several times.

I'm walking outside on a nice quiet day, and I hear an airplane engine start up overhead. It's not skimming the tree tops, but it's fairly low and close. It must have flown to a higher altitude, shut off its engine, and then glided for considerable distance before powering up again over or near my property.

I'm not feeling paranoid, but I don't know why a plane would do that. I thought it could be related to some law enforcement work, but I don't know.

Any ideas?

/ Anyone else have stealth prop planes around their property? #2  
i used to do that, but at high altitude, during flight training to practice engine failure flying. but never at low elevation.

/ Anyone else have stealth prop planes around their property? #3  
Can you see the aircraft?

Might be a powered glider out having fun. Or what we have are paragliders. They go up under power (an engine and prop worn on their backs) and then glide down under a parachute. When they get low, they fire up again and head up.

Or it could be the back helicopters coming to get ya! :devilish::ROFLMAO:

/ Anyone else have stealth prop planes around their property? #4  
I have had a reoccurring scenario at my place. It's not a regular occurrence, but I have noticed it several times.

I'm walking outside on a nice quiet day, and I hear an airplane engine start up overhead. It's not skimming the tree tops, but it's fairly low and close. It must have flown to a higher altitude, shut off its engine, and then glided for considerable distance before powering up again over or near my property.

I'm not feeling paranoid, but I don't know why a plane would do that. I thought it could be related to some law enforcement work, but I don't know.

Any ideas?
Powered glider

/ Anyone else have stealth prop planes around their property?
Can you see the aircraft?

Might be a powered glider out having fun. Or what we have are paragliders. They go up under power (an engine and prop worn on their backs) and then glide down under a parachute. When they get low, they fire up again and head up.

I can definitely see the aircraft, and it looks like a normal prop plane to me. There is no parachute.

I'm thinking it's a paparazzi trying to get a picture of me peeing outside. There's big money in that!

/ Anyone else have stealth prop planes around their property? #6  
We have a lot of low flying helicopters here but they are usually doing power line inspection or tree trimming.

/ Anyone else have stealth prop planes around their property?
i used to do that, but at high altitude, during flight training to practice engine failure flying. but never at low elevation.

I could see that. I don't know enough to say whether their altitude was appropriate for that exercise.

/ Anyone else have stealth prop planes around their property? #8  
Are you near an airport? I am about 1 mile from the local county airport. Some private pilots do some funny things with engine throttle on final approach.

/ Anyone else have stealth prop planes around their property? #9  
My guess is this. :D If the OP stops posting we’ll know that’s the case.

/ Anyone else have stealth prop planes around their property? #10  
Get the 'flightradar24' app for your phone or browser...just the free service will tell you what it is...or should...if it doesn't...keep watching for the black helos...!