Anyone else ordered or got a Ford Maverick?

/ Anyone else ordered or got a Ford Maverick? #12  
I considered ordering one when they first came out and orders were still open, but was hesitant to order one in the first year of production before they work out the unexpected kinks. I was and still am concerned about having to eventually replace the hybrid battery packs not knowing if they will be available or what they will cost in the future. I think the safer option would be to go with the gas engine, but even then, I would want to check further on the reliability of the new model with that engine.

I think the popularity is simply because it looks affordable compared to the price of other vehicles these days and they did a great job with the initial marketing campaign.

The Mazda B2200 was a neat little truck as were the competing Nissans and Toyotas of similar vintage. Then the mini pickups started getting bigger.... and here comes the Maverick that sort of returns us to the mini truck size that actually was useful.

/ Anyone else ordered or got a Ford Maverick? #14  
That's on my short list of something to buy for a low price and halfway decent mileage. As stated though, orders fill quickly when they start taking them at the beginning of a model year. That's why I was surprised to see the exact vehicle I'm considering advertised at a dealer downstate. I'm not ready to buy right now anyways, so wouldn't you know: I apparently deleted it from my history.

/ Anyone else ordered or got a Ford Maverick? #15  
I run nothing but GMC pick ups had too many Fords with problems.

• Good Post
Reactions: M59
   / Anyone else ordered or got a Ford Maverick? #16  
So far only a little over 3,000 miles on my 2022 f150 4wd with 2.7 ecoboost but I’m loving it.

/ Anyone else ordered or got a Ford Maverick? #17  
My mom ordered a Hybrid Maverick on November 2021. Dealer still hasn't received it. They have had a total of one hyriid and a few ecoboost.

My dealer just called me the other day to let me know that the Lightning I ordered, a few months after announcing they were taking orders, had come in.

/ Anyone else ordered or got a Ford Maverick? #18  
My mom ordered a Hybrid Maverick on November 2021. Dealer still hasn't received it. They have had a total of one hyriid and a few ecoboost.

My dealer just called me the other day to let me know that the Lightning I ordered, a few months after announcing they were taking orders, had come in.
I hope that you let us know how that you like it. 👍

/ Anyone else ordered or got a Ford Maverick? #19  
I run nothing but GMC pick ups had too many Fords with problems.
Randy52,

I agree with you on avoiding Fords. I had two Ford trucks. The first was a Ranger that came out while Ford's slogan was "Quality is Job One". The shifter handle pulled out of the manual transmission at 30K miles and 2 years. Went to dealer for replacement part and new part was all metal and original part was fiber reinforced plastic. I commented on the difference and asked why. Dealer said they were selling one a week of the new part. No recall ever happened. Second truck was 2016 350 Super Duty. Dip stick and oil fill tube rusted out and oil ran onto ground. Both transmission hydraulic coolant lines rusted out. Driveline from transfer case to front wheels ( 4 wheel drive ) rusted and twisted off. All of this within a 4 year time span. Gives new meaning to the moniker "Blue Oval Disease" or rust by any other name.

No more Fords for me.

Last edited:
   / Anyone else ordered or got a Ford Maverick?
We had a 1994 Ranger, worst of the 4 pickups we've owned. Best was a 1997 Tacoma before they became obese.

Think the Toyota Stout may be imminent. However, local dealer says when they hear about one, it's usually a year before they get one.

Wife fell in love with the Maverick a guy showed up in when looking for access to Ivy Creek. She took him down. He said I could sit in his while gone. I did. Could slide right into it. Have to go up some to get into the 2005 Tacoma and down to get into her Mazda3.